This is My "Real" Blog: Another fan of Fall!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another fan of Fall!

If you are tired of all the people who are RAVING about how much they love autumn, you need to just click on another blog. Because, yes, I am going to extol the virtues of fall.

I love bright, clear mornings where the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and when you exhale - you can see it! Granted, I haven't had many of those mornings since moving to Tennessee--fall is beautiful, but not cold enough. But, when I lived in Chicago, some of the most glorious mornings were spent outside my little cherry red Toyota Tercel, watching my breath disappear into the gleam of the bright sun which was offset by a blue sky.

Okay, I'm done waxing poetic. But, I really do love autumn, and I'm not just saying that for blog purposes.

Part of what I love the most is something I say while blushing. I love new TV show premieres. I am desperately waiting to see what happens on The Office with Jim and Pam. Will they get together? And, what about Dwight and Angela? Will they emerge as a couple. How much do I *love* that show?! And on CSI. . .will we see more of Grissom and Sarah together? How weird was that season finale?! Needless to say, we won't answer the phone on Thursday night at our house!

But, everywhere you look--blogs, catalog descriptions, Letterman's monologue, and newspaper articles--everyone is talking about the sights, smells, and delights of fall. I do love me some pumpkin bread. I love making beef stew in the crockpot, and baking bread on cool mornings. I love apple cider--especially caramel apple cider at Starbuck's. (Which is heaven for folks like me who despise coffee!)

So, join me in celebrating this season of cinnamon, cloves, warm stew, burnt orange plaid and gingham quilts, and crackling bonfires. I'll be with you -- if nothing else -- in spirit!

Oh, and an update. . . Caroline's first day at the new sitter's house today was phenomenal. When I picked her up, Steph (the sitter) and her little girl and Caroline were coming through the yard in the wagon - after having played on the trampoline. It's a 6-minute drive home, and Caroline was unable to keep her eyes open for the drive. She took a three hour nap!

I am one very happy mom! Thanks for good wishes on our behalf. We'll see what next week holds.
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Now THAT was some faaaaaaaaantastic blog post!I never really gave much thought to Fall before, but you have made it seem so beautiful!

Today was a particularly brisk fall day. Everything is turning those beautiful shades of yellow and orange. And I'm SOOOOO looking forward to the premieres of My Name is Earl, ER, and Desperate Housewives, to name a few!

What a great eye-opener. Thanks!

I'm so happy Caroline had such a great time. Hope you have a GREAT Wednesday!

Melany :)

1:10 AM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Gives me an idea of what I'm in for here. Today started out as one of those days. Got really windy and blustery by evening though. And how did you know what my menu for the next few weeks was going to be? hahahaha!
Is CSI starting this week. We got the dish installed here just in time! I can't wait. What with all that weird ending last season. Yeah I agree with you on that one.
Give that Caroline another hug and kiss from me. She must be wondering who all these strangers are that keep sending her hugs and kisses are. lol! The boys loved seeing her tv clip too.

Vicky

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey friend:
I love fall too -- it's my favorite season. We're going apple picking today. I love loading the kids up and driving past fields of corn under a big, beautiful, blue sky. Course when you're there the you have to watch out for bees, but that's really the only drawback:-) I'm enjoying your blog! Someday I may do this. It seems like great fun, but I don't know where I'd find the time right now. Miss ya!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home