This is My "Real" Blog: Can't Even Begin. . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Can't Even Begin. . .

. . .to apologize for the length of time between posts. Too long, I know.

But, please consider this: Church Music Director meets Palm Sunday meets Easter Sunday planning.

To say nothing of the:

Special Needs Parent meets Kindergarten Screening meets somewhat uncooperative/shy prospective kindergarten student.

Then, of course, there's the:

Music Director meets Special Needs Parent meets Rising High School Freshman Football Player parent meets Buddy Walk Coordinator



Yeah. Insanely busy doesn't begin to describe it.

But things are good:

*Caroline did AWESOME on her kindergarten screening (named all 26 letters, counted to 15, identified all colors except gray, and knew body parts except for: ankle, waist, hips, jaw, and wrists). Who teaches their four year old about those parts? Whatever.

*Edison is surviving Standardized Testing this week and High School football practice. He leaves the house at 7:30 am, and returns at 6:30 pm. It's true. I saw him for five whole minutes today. (We talked on the phone for 20 tonight, as I drove home from a meeting)

*Church stuff is going well -- we're in the thick of Palm Sunday & Easter plans. This year, we have an all-time high number of Easter Lilies to decorate the worship center: SIXTY-FIVE. That's right, I'll be HIGH on benadryl on Easter Sunday.

*Buddy Walk meeting tonight -- loud restaurant, and the caesar salad was sucky. But, the meeting was good. I love the awesome women I get to work with on the Buddy Walk.

Really, life is good. It's just busy. And, God is working out things ahead of time that I never even knew about.

Wanna hear one? It's really cool.

Okay . . . you know how stressed I've been about Caroline's transition into Kindergarten / Primary School, right? It's true. I've been a basket case. Well. . . last night, I learned that the Vice Principal of her new school is a former special education teacher that I personally KNOW!! I *finally* feel like there's going to be someone "in my corner" even though they may not be able to "officially" act like it. And, she's a Christian to boot.

It really doesn't get much better.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Yeah on the vice principal. I'm so proud of Caroline, and her success on the kindergarten screening. I agree who teaches those body parts to a 4 year old...I guess we better start teaching Egan.

Hope things slow down after Easter for you.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

How awesome is that Angie? You are one busy lady...I hope things start slowing down for you soon.

I'm glad you're back if only for a short time...I've missed you. I just don't seem to get on Facebook that much.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God puts special people in your life for a reason... enjoy that blessing!

9:49 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

all sounding very good! and enormously proud of the girl!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Congrats! And there's a Buddy Walk this year? Wasn't there just one last year??

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home