This is My "Real" Blog: Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo


Angie's Blog!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo

As I type, the Wiggles are singing this beloved old camp song.

Yes, my friends, in case you were wondering, I am living the life I always dreamed.

Actually, I shouldn't joke. My life is great. And, I probably need to stop and be grateful more than I typically am. But today, this song -- complete with sound effects -- is causing me to crave and need even more Diet Coke (caffeinated, of course!)

My plans today have totally changed. But I'm really okay with that. I had planned another "Angie" day where I got to do whatever I wanted. Yeah, that's not happening.

Caroline and I are headed to the doctor's office in about a half hour. Her fever has stayed down (completely) but she's developed some nasty, goopy green stuff coming from both her nose and her eyes. In fact, her precious little eyes were matted shut this morning. I thought it might freak her out -- it didn't. She just came into my room, and crawled up in bed and smiled a little weak smile at me.

I took care of stuff--and she seemed better. Her eyes are still swollen. . . but she's doing much better! So, hopefully the doctor will give us some good advice (medicine) and we'll get this behind us in time to go back to school on Monday.

And, before I forget -- HAPPY SPRING!!! What a great time of year. It's chilly today -- and they're predicting a frost tonight -- but still. I love this time of year.

Let's see, what else?

Oh -- a story. I only wish I had pictures to enhance this, but I don't.

Yesterday, I noticed Caroline playing in our sunroom. She had her baby doll on the floor -- this particular doll looks like she's asleep. Her eyes don't open. As Caroline had her laying in her lap, she took the plastic "onion ring" from her Dairy Queen pretend food set, and put it on the baby's stomach, and was counting, "Twenty eight, twenty eight, twenty eight."

For those of you who don't know this. . . Caroline has a pacemaker. Her heart was somehow injured during her open heart surgery, and the heart's own internal (invisible) pacemaker was damaged during her surgery. Since October 12, 2004, she has had a little disk in her tummy. This disc keeps her heart in perfect rhythm.

One of the "maintenance" things we have to do each month is "call in" her pacemaker to the company that maintains the mechanical information. . . which they send to her cardiologist.

Tuesday afternoon was her monthly "call in" session. . .and we have gotten to the point where we try to entertain her by counting out loud while they're uploading information from her machine. The 2nd part of the call-in test is putting a donut-shaped magnet on her pacemaker.

. . .the onion ring?
. . .the baby's tummy?
. . .counting out loud?

My kid was calling in her baby's pacemaker reading. And I, of course, did not have the camera nearby to capture it. Trust me, if it happens again, I will be right there with a camera. It was too precious!!

Okay -- I'm running out of time. I need to get the girl out the door and headed to the doctor. How about I promise to post some pictures of samplers and scrapbook layouts sometime over the weekend? I realize I haven't done a whole lot of pictures lately -- so hopefully this will make up for it!

Have a lovely, wonderful Friday -- enjoy the first day of SPRING!!!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! I wouldn't mind a real onion ring...LOL!

Sounds like she has a sinus infection or a cold...

11:36 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

You gotta go with the flow. If it's onion rings on a doll's tummy, fine. If it's learning routines that help her mature, great.

She's a gift, even if you have the "opportunity" to re-map your days.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Zelia said...

My son had a dual-chamber pacemaker implant last year 2008 at the age of 20. He was a professional rugby player and have to accept the fact that he won't be able to play rugby again... Luckily his heart is 100% - he has been diagnosed with SA Node (sick sinus syndrome- bradycardia) Hugs to Caroline God Bless

3:44 AM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

Just to let you know...I'm BACK (after being MIA for a long time!)
Hope you'll drop by and check out my blog again.
www.hisgraceamazesme.
blogspot.com

God bless you bunches!
Donna

6:18 PM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

Awwww....
An onion ring (IF I ever eat one again...)
will never really look the same since reading your post.

Absolutely adorable!
Donna

7:22 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

the post touched me when i read it first, and now again... i am sick, that headache never really went away and was actually the beginning of a head cold... angie i miss you and this story floods my very being with hope and joy.... God is so amazing to show you how very bright your kiddo is... she will see the world and teach others to see, bring sight to the blind

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home