This is My "Real" Blog: Some Things are Worth Repeating


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Some Things are Worth Repeating

Like that Chocolate Chip Scone recipe I made the other night. I made 'em again tonight. They were pretty good, if I must say so myself!

Since I learned the "proper" way to make buttermilk -- 1 T vinegar or lemon juice in up to 1 c. milk. I won't have to put off scones because I don't have buttermilk.

Yes. . . I have always known to put vinegar in milk to "make" buttermilk. What I didn't know, however, that it's best to let is sit for about ten minutes in order for it to evolve into buttermilk.

This particular recipe is very good. I really have enjoyed them -- you dust them with cinnamon sugar. And, that chocolate/cinnamon combination is really good. It sounds odd, but it's very good.

I made chili for supper tonight, as well. I actually made the chili a couple weeks ago. I had frozen it when I made it -- and sitting in the freezer really brought out it's goodness. (I'm still tasting it as I type, actually).

For fun tonight, I also cooked some spaghetti noodles so we could enjoy "Skyline Chili" (ala Aubrey's) tonight at home. My chili has beans in it -- so we didn't have to add them as one of the "ways" you can have Skyline. I had spaghetti, chili, onion, and cheese. (Did I mention I'm still tasting it?!)

I spent some time getting ready for the crop on Sunday afternoon. I'm really getting excited. I'm sure you're going to hear more about it as time goes by!

Now, there are some things that are NOT worth repeating. Like trips to the craft store.

I went out to West Knoxville (this morning) to go get my samplers that were ready for pick up. . . or so I thought. When I got to the store, I was asked to inspect the samplers before bringing them home.

It was a good thing.....two of the samplers were missing the glass.

I requested glass.
I paid for glass.
I wanted glass.

I didn't get glass.

I kinda lost my temper when the store employee tried to say that I'd not requested glass.

I assured her I did.

I sorta got out of sorts when she attempted to say it wasn't on their order form.

I pointed out to here where it was.

I sorta/kinda got mad when she told me that they'd fix it and I could come back in 1-2 days.

I reminded her that I live 28 miles away.

I definitely got assertive when I asked to see a manager.

I smiled when she said she was a manager.

I politely told her (though it was obvious) that I was not happy.

I agreed when she said they'd reimburse the money I paid for the glass -- and that they'd put it in.

As I walked out to the car, still fuming but feeling victorious, I remembered the date. You know, we had a Friday the 13th last month, too.

Some things are worth repeating. . . others? Not so much.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i've heard that buttermilk cheat, but i never was sure if it was really as good as just buying the real stuff. i think i'll never buy buttermilk again now that i know a real person who's tried it. and i know to let it set for 10 minutes!

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen...

Chili always tastes best the next day or after a while in the freezer. The flavors meld together make it perfect.

MMMM... chili sketti. I'm either going to have to go to Steak N Shake or take matters into my own hands... now I got a craving!

Can I just say I love to drink buttermilk? Not the homemade stuff but the stuff from the carton? I know, I'm weird... but you already know that. LOL!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Angie...scrapping is addicting, even on my road trip yesterday I was thinking about what layout to do next...as I was knitting.
Sounds like you handled it just like I would have handled it...and good thing a black cat didn't cross your path.
Have fun at the crop.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I'd love it if you would post your scone recipe. I love scones and have several places we buy them. Boyd has made them several times but they're not as 'short' as a scone should be. Sooooo... if you'd share, we'd all love it!
Joni

2:11 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i read this post and all i got out of it was "free glass." Angie got free glass and a nice drive in the car.... and a funny "repeat " story... I recently educated my girls about how a food can repeat on you... now KBelle says i had "such and such" food and I wanted it to repeat so I could taste it again... I told her mopst of us dont want it to repeat, bt she isnt buying she thinks it is a good thing

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home