This is My "Real" Blog: Stupid Daylight Savings Time


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Stupid Daylight Savings Time

I love "falling back" in the autumn.
"Springing forward" in the spring? Not so much.

Today has been a not-nearly-as-productive-day as I would have hoped. We did manage to squeeze in a trip to WalMart. Of course, the one thing I really *needed* to buy?

I forgot. I'm blaming it on my obsession with Daylight Savings Time and worrying about over-sleeping in the morning.

We've "splintered" ourselves again for the evening. Caroline is at my parents' house. Getting her ready and off to church (an hour earlier than usual) and an hour before church starts. . .and having someone watch her while I attend to work stuff in that pre-worship service time period?

Yeah. . .not so much.

So, Mom and Dad had us out for dinner tonight. . .yum, barbecued ribs (Sorry, Doug O. -- I'm talking about it here, too!) homemade potato salad (mine), rolls, and really good cake for dessert. (It was made with Splenda -- so you didn't miss out on much, Mark.)

And, they've agreed to keep Caroline overnight, and Mom's plan is to bring her into church when she's good and ready. Not sure whether "she" is Mom or Caroline.

Edison's in his room -- supposedly getting ready for bed, but I hear guitar music. So, I'm not sure where we stand in the process.

Mark called from NY to talk to me and Edison. I handed the phone over to Edison, with every intention of getting it back when he was done talking to Mark. But, Edison hung up when he was done, and Mark never called back. So I assume we were done talking.

I did get a chance to talk to Mark earlier (over dinner, actually) and he shared that the funeral was very nice. The plan for tomorrow is that they'll go to church (I believe) and then Mark will make his way back over to Burlington, VT. His flight leaves at 7 p.m. He stops in Washington DC and then will arrive back on TN soil at 11:38 tomorrow night. It's about a 25 minute drive home from the airport, so it will definitely be Monday when he arrives home. But, at this point, I don't care. I'm ready for him to get home.

Tomorrow, after church, we're headed back over to my parents' house for lunch -- then we'll walk over to my aunt's house to celebrate my cousin's birthday. Beyond that, we're coming back home -- maybe ordering pizza for supper (delivery, not DiGiorno) and taking it easy until everyone goes to bed for the night.

I didn't get nearly the sewing done that I had intended for this weekend. But, I've been busy doing both the "mom" and "dad" jobs around the house -- and of course, playing "referee" continually. Those things wear you out.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow -- I may try to squeeze in a little sewing time. We'll see. I'm not going to beat myself up, however, if I don't get as much accomplished as I'd originally hoped to. The most important thing to me was getting those cards made yesterday morning, and really having a morning where there were NO demands on me.

If I can get myself back into a "normal" routine -- no sick kids, and regular work hours -- I should be able to get a little crafting time in each week. Friday is my day off, and I cherish it. However, the last 4-5 weeks, it's been anything but "normal" around here. Between snow days, sick days, and doctor visits . . . yeah, it hasn't happened.

Well, I'm going to go. It's time to start changing the clocks around the house. I'll say it again. . . I hate time-change Sunday in the spring.

I know you needed to hear it one more time!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Angie, "Normal" is just a place in Illinois. You're doing well. We're taking care of the dude, and he's as anxious to be back as you are to have him back.

10:10 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i woke up this morning at 5/6 with a splitting headache... unbelievable pain and nausea, and my computer had been lef ton so i popped over here to your blog and saw you title and groaned.... i lost an hour. I mean i had remembered last night but woke this morning blissfully unaware...until oyu shook me and my aching head back to reality... i didnt even rad the post until now... after church, and feeling lousy still but not as bad as before... now i read you had ribs for dinner.... man your post is not helping me today...

1:03 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I read this last night, and decided I have much of the same dread for DST. Yeah, it gives the illusion of more daylight, but it just means the kids stay up an hour later. Ugh.

I too woke up with a splitting headache this morning, just before six. I got up and took Tylenol and headed back to bed for as long as I could.

Can't wait 'til the main man of the house gets home to you, but you're doing a great job!

Hugs,
M :)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I slept into 7:30 this morning and it felt like I slept in to noon...I'm not sure why it felt like that either. I'm with you I like falling back much more. Did Mark get home safely?

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home