This is My "Real" Blog: Sad Day. . . or Victorious Day? You decide.


Angie's Blog!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Sad Day. . . or Victorious Day? You decide.

Our phone rang last night. . .actually this morning, about 3 a.m. It was the nursing home where Mark's grandmother has lived for a number of years. For some reason, they weren't able to get through to Mark's parents. Grammy had passed away, and they were letting the family know.

It's amazing how awake and alert you can be. . . when, in your heart, you know why the phone is ringing.

Mark tried to get a hold of his parents, too, for a long time -- but got a busy signal. They weren't on the phone. He finally got through around 7:30 a.m. as he took Edison to school.

My theory? It's quite simple, actually.

I've been consciously praying and meditating for God's provision and protection for my family and friends. After last Thursday, I truly believe He has answered those prayers in amazing ways. And last night was no exception.

I think that God knew -- well He knows EVERYTHING -- but I think His will was that we got the call so that Mark's parents could get some much-needed rest.

Today is a new day.

Mark and I both were able to get some sleep after the phone call. We were able to reach the family members that needed to be contacted after everyone had slept. But, for those few precious hours, he granted sleep to my in-laws. . . who are going to face a long, emotionally draining week.

I guess one of my favorite aspects of God is His ability to manage and maintain his "Godliness" in the small details of my life . . and in the lives of His children. His ability to count the number of hairs on my head baffles me. (Especially in light of the fact that I have this tendency to pull out gray hairs)

. . .it's called denial people. I figure if I pull them, they don't exist. Seriously. I need help.

God's ability to hold the entire world (in His hands) and comfort me . . . heal the sick. . . feed the sparrows. . . direct the moon & the stars. . . .and still know when someone I love needs to be protected by some random event that might put them in peril . . .? Well that part just amazes me beyond words.

My precious son came home yesterday and asked if he could get on the internet to find the chords to a "new" song he'd heard recently. When I asked him the words, he said:

"How marvelous, how wonderful. . . . and my song shall ever be
How marvelous, how wonderful. . .is my Savior's love for me"

Grinning then, and now (through my tears), I assured him that it was not a new song. He was stunned to know that it was old when I was his age. You gotta love that!!

But it's that amazing, wonderful, marvelous love that helps me see Grammy's victory today -- rather than picturing her succumbing to death. Oh, she did that -- but she is celebrating a victory that Jesus won for her YEARS and YEARS ago (even before that song was written) and that makes this a Victory Day.

'Nuff said.
Photobucket

14 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

You are in my prayers as you begin your life on earth without Grammy. Although she'll always be a part of your life in your heart and memories. I'm sure she's looking down at you feeling no pain and no age. Someday you'll all be together. Think "MIZPAH"... until we meet and are together again.

Love and hugs,
Joni

2:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

So sorry to hear, but what a great way to look at your in-laws getting their rest in. What a winter!

4:16 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

awww angie, our God is so amazing... i was thinking that these is this chord, unbroken as the song goes.. a legacy... Grammy goes home to be with God, Edison grows another foot in the faith... i am loving all of you Aubreys

5:18 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

so sorry to hear of the earthly loss but heavenly gain...it's always bittersweet to give someone up even when you know they're waiting up above.

as for the gray hair, i need help too because i also yank 'em outta my head. just to keep God on His toes, ya know, with the numbering and all. in the future, i will have to stop and just resort to boxed color. i've forewarned jonathan.

it's sad but i had to stop a second and think about the song edison was looking up. sometimes i miss the old songs we used to sing back in the day! the musty dusty oldie goldies!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

Many prayers coming your way...I am always so encouraged by your faith.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Nice memorial. Thanks. I'm still processing it.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you all.

Mary

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strength, wisdom, and faith my friend....

9:30 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I am thinking of a verse from one of my favorite songs we sing at funerals in our Church.

Now the cares of days are ended, Evening brings my soul release; And the child of God has entered Everlasting rest and peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all Angie.

1:30 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I'm so sorry Angie.

It's good to have peace about things like that, isn't it?

3:52 PM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

I will remember your family during this time of loss.

6:33 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and wanted you to know that today i am thinking of oyu praying for you and Mark amd George and MAry.. lovong you all

7:59 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys. Especially you, Angie, as you venture into single parenthood for the weekend. Call if you need anything.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of a loved one. Also am glad she had a full life and is now in God's hands. I tried to comment on this when I first read it, but it's hard to do stuff like that when you work in a fishbowl...so many eyeballs peering in!

Hugs to you and Mark at this sad time,
Love Melly :)

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home