This is My "Real" Blog: An Update. . .on the Update


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An Update. . .on the Update

The doctor confirmed: it is croup.

I knew it was. Duh.

But, he was able to give her a dose of the steroid that she typically gets in the ER. And, hopefully, any germs she might have encountered at the doctor's office won't be nearly as lethal as those encountered at your local ER. I'm just sayin. . . .

She's in good spirits, for the most part. She ate a good lunch. She sort of ate her supper. She sang songs with me. She sang songs for the nursing staff -- after getting a shot. That's got to count for something.

But still, she's sick. Probably home for 3 days this week. I'm shooting for Friday morning. Not making any definite plans, but I'm hoping.

The one extra special bright spot in our day? This mystery package arrived from Minnesota today. There were "messages" written all over the outside. Messages from some sweet, lovely, wonderful girls that I love.

Thanks, Beth & family for our box. We loved every part. Caroline hugged, kissed, and literally "rocked" the doll to sleep. She even sang "Rock a bye, Baby" to it as she rocked her.

. . .and yes, I took pictures. I'm just too bleary-eyed to post them. I'll shoot for tomorrow.

See what I did there? Shoot....for posting pictures...and a verb for taking pictures is...shoot...

Yeah, I'm done. You're tired of my puns.
Me? I'm just tired.


Oh! If I would have failed to post this, I would NEVER have forgiven myself. My wonderful husband pointed me in the direction of a blog I ADORE. If you're a child of the 60s or 70s, you will enjoy this immensely. I did. I found myself going back to the very beginning of her blog (2006) and reading every entry there. (I actually stopped because Caroline started the "coughing & hacking" and we needed to attend to her) But still. . . go. Read it. You'll enjoy it.

. . .and you'll see my comments from time to time!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

I am so glad she got something on a day she didnt feel well, and you too on a day you were stressed... there is of course a huge story ebhind the doll which i will blog about later todaty...

7:29 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Beth, thanks for a very timely pick-me-up. What a big coincidence that it arrived at just the right time.

And no, I don't believe in coincidences.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, poor baby... Hope the croup is over soon... Big hugs to y'all...

9:44 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

hope she's better soon! singing for the nurses after her shot...makes me think of how javen always says "thank you" as we're headed out of the doctor's office, even though he spends most of every visit traumatized and terrified. they always insist he doesn't HAVE to thank them...i think he's just glad to get OUTTA there.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home