This is My "Real" Blog: Coulda. . .Shoulda. Sigh.


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coulda. . .Shoulda. Sigh.

Sorry it's been a few days. I've had a pretty insanely busy week -- complete with a DSAG board meeting, bread-making, and a "regular" week at work (complete with two meetings!)

I should have blogged, and could have told all sorts of stories. I didn't.
I could have blogged and shown pictures from our adventure in the snow. Oops.
I should have exercised this week, but have been too busy. Sad excuse.
I could have cleaned my shower this morning, but didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

But the real "coulda / shoulda" that I intended to write about is this:

On Tuesday, I borrowed the scale that our children's minister has in his office. Our church is doing a "Biggest Loser" program -- and families are coming together, working out and weighing in weekly. I opted not to participate in the program -- but have been very faithfully eating right, and exercising (well, most of the time). I borrowed his scale to get some idea how I was doing. Here's the part where I'm mentally and physically kicking myself. . . .

I didn't get a starting weight back in early January when I started eating healthy. Therefore, I have no earthly idea how much weight I've lost in the last three weeks. I can state pretty clearly that I have been well within my WW points. I even have the notebook to prove it. I haven't taken the extra points that WW gives you each week to "cheat" or enjoy a real meal. And, a couple times, I actually exercised and didn't give myself the extra points you earn for exercising.

I have been, like, Amish in my eating habits. Okay, maybe I mean orthodox in my eating habits. Whatever you want to call it? I've been it. . . .but I have no starting point from three weeks ago. Normally, this shouldn't bother a person that much. But, I knew that I'd put weight back on since last year when I'd lost so much.

Trust me -- reading the scale and knowing I've been "ortho" on WW -- I did put weight on. More than I had imagined. More than I wanted. And, now, although I have a starting point -- it's an "adjusted" starting point. It's further away from the goal than I'd originally thought. That, to some, might be kind of discouraging. I'm opting not to be discouraged -- and that's why I'm writing about it tonight.

This blog, as you know, serves many purposes. One of those purposes is my own self-accountability. When I go back and read my thoughts and words, I feel a responsiblity to live up to them -- to make sure that they're honest and accurate -- and to live out the things I pledge to do.

So, we'll see what next Tuesday holds. I know that I will be weighing myself in the same restroom, without my shoes . . .and I'll have some kind of idea how I'm doing.

I'm hoping for a loss.
I'm eating for a loss.
I'm living for a loss.

And I pledge to update you. Because that's one of this blog's purposes. And, if it's a good number, I'm going to want some "what what's" from my peeps.





. . .yeah, that's you!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Neat idea - documenting your weight loss on your blog so it's public and accountable.

Wish I'd thought of that.

(ducks)

Keep up the good work, kid.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, I am here to give you a "what what" ANY day of the week, regardless. I don't care if you never lose another ounce! But oh... I'll be there when you do, too.

You ROCK!

[what what]

;)

11:25 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

at the start of the year, we weighed and took pictures and even did measuring around waists and hips and bums. even javen insisted on being measured (his little neck is NINE inches around...what a chunk!) i knew i wanted some concrete proof if we ever did make any progress! i'm OCD like that.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

You can do it too. I think writing everything down helps no matter where it is.
Keep it up my friend and if I come across some good recipies I'll send them your way.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

You can doooo eeeeet. Seriously. You can. 'Cause if I can go a month without Timmy's and fast food, you can totally do it.

In my case there is not much of a weight change at all. I got a little excited when I was four pounds down in the first four days, but that was the extent of it.

Guess this means I'm supposed to exercise too. Poo on that.

Hugs,

Melly :)

1:04 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

just keep on eating amish... is what i say... potato pancakes, funnel cakes, apple butter,.... ooops thats not what you meant... no keep on eating that other kind of amish, and be healthy, thats all i want i want for you, to be and stay healthy

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home