This is My "Real" Blog: It IS Clean.....


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

It IS Clean.....

My bestest buddy Beth left me a comment on yesterday's post asking if my house is clean. Man oh man, it really is.

Bathrooms? Check.
Windows? Check.
Kitchen countertops? Check.
Dusting done? Check.
Vacuuming? Check. (thanks to Edison)
Windows between garage & house? Check. (And they were gruesome)

Yeah, my house is clean, and it feels (felt) wonderful. As I type, Edison is playing guitar hero with his friend, Luke. Between two 14-year olds, the "clean" aspect has diminshed some.

And. . . .sigh. . .Caroline decided that the "blah" tan carpet wasn't for her. She decided to put some blue streaks of color (with a crayon) in the living room. I went through the ceiling. . . .I even did the "just wait until your daddy gets home," routine. Because, she had to tell Daddy that she was sorry, too.

Of course, in Caroline's world, as soon as you say you're "sorry," it's done. In fact, as she was wiping away the snot and the tears, and pushing the matted hair from her eyes, she said, "I'm happy."

And then it hit me. That's what forgiveness is all about. . . .we sang it this morning this way:

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind but now I see.

My chains are gone; I've been set free...
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood, His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing Grace. . . "

Seriously. When I tell Him I'm sorry, it's done. He's happy (to put it in Caroline's terminology)






. . . . .and, I guess I should be happy too, eh?
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

awwwww, completely made my day, seriously... God works doesnt he? in church I wasnot feeling particularly wretched but we sang power of the cross, not sure of the the title, but it goes like this
This, the pow'r of the cross:
Son of God—slain for us.
What a love! What a cost!
We stand forgiven at the cross

and it hit me... yeah thats for me... I am forgiven
it is done, and we can be happy... Man o Man... what a prophet she is

6:54 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Barry wants to know if you need to borrow our steam cleaner to get the crayon out. It works on just about everything including grease.

I wish my house was as clean as yours. It actually looks like a tornado went through the living room and dining room after the last few days around here.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Out of the mouths of babes . . .

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo, is there a workable pattern to the crayon streaks that can be expanded maybe with other colors...... ?

I took Cheracol D, very red, out of carpet with a Tide poultice once, if that helps.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

eekkk! I've missed reading your fabulous blog. Whoa to the blue crayon...I can beat that...let's see this week alone pen on the bed head and wait for it..drum roll...a stone to scratch her initial on the back of my car. *gasp* I think I win.

Take care my friend.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wise words from a wise child!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

They sure can put us in our place can't they. I really, really, need to clean some windows here but they'll have to wait until Spring.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

There are so many aspects of our lives that go along with that song. Unending love, amazing grace. Amen

We should all be living in Caroline's world once in a while.

So much wisdom and yet..it is just not that hard.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Nice post Ang...

8:54 PM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

How precious and sweet and awesome and amazing. What a great parallel. The last thing I'm reading before I go to bed. I know I'll have sweet dreams with that thought on my mind.

Somehow I just feel so warm...

10:48 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Too bad the whole world doesn't roll that way. What a happier place it would be!

Caroline for President!

M :)

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home