This is My "Real" Blog: I Guess I Had Forgotten (copied)


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

I Guess I Had Forgotten (copied)

About six months ago, I joined a website called SparkPeople. Similar to Facebook -- it's a website for people that wish to lose weight. I have learned since joining that a few of my "real" friends are members there, too. (we've hooked up there!)

SparkPeople has all sorts of ways to encourage people to lose weight or adapt their current lifestyles to make life better. I really enjoy it -- and have learned some neat things -- even found a few great recipes I'm going to try.

I posted the following on my "mini blog" over there, and decided to post it here today -- rather than write something completely new and fresh. Call me lazy. Go ahead. I dare you.

Here you go -- enjoy!!


After nearly a week of trying to eat right, drink GALLONS of water, and adapt myself to an overall healthier lifestyle, I did the ultimate today.

That's right. I exercised.

Funny thing about exercise. You forget things. Things like:

*when you don't exercise for YEARS, you get out of shape
*when you don't exercise for YEARS, you can get winded
*when you don't exercise for YEARS, you find new muscles
*when you don't exercise for YEARS, you realize it's been years

Seriously. I had forgotten how it feels to really move around. And no, it's not been actual years. Up until about 8 months ago, I belonged to our local Curves salon. I enjoyed my days working out there -- probably enjoyed the friendships and fellow members more, if I'm honest. But, I enjoyed working out -- for real.

This morning, I was prodded to exercise by watching Regis & Kelly, of all things. Their last guest of the morning was Leslie Sansone -- from the infamous "Walk Away the Pounds" video series. I used to own the VHS tapes, and the blue balls that were "inflated" with water. Those went away a long time ago, but recently, I picked up DVD versions of her 1 and 2-mile walks.

When I saw her on R & K, I remembered how "easy" her workouts were. Heh heh. . .I remembered them being easy. My hips and muscles are remembering something different today.

But. I. Did. It.

I did the 1-mile walk. I only stopped for a second because I stepped on my shoestring, and accidentally untied my left shoe. But, other than that, I did it. My hip joints ached a little. I broke a sweat. I found my knees shaking during the cool down/stretch time.

But, I did it.

And what I really had forgotten? How GOOD you feel when you do something like exercise. I can't wait until tomorrow!
Photobucket

14 Comments:

Blogger Hilah said...

You go girl, so proud of you! Glad you mentioned that you did the Leslie Sansone DVD, I have the walk/jog one and I forgot about it. It sure does make you feel good to exercise...I'll have to start incorporating that DVD back in on those days when I don't have time to hit the track or the gym.

P.S.-I've never had an exercise video that involved blue balls

2:56 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

a few years ago (pre-javen) i bought a tae bo dvd and tried it...and nearly had a stroke trying to keep up! it was so pathetic. this year i'm going to ease into it by doing the beginner videos on youtube. talk about your cheap exercise programs!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cool website!!! I checked it out and even signed up for the free portion. Jeff and I both started South Beach this week, and I'm finally starting to not crave the carbs like I was at the beginning of the week...we're on phase one which eleminates alot of the ones I over indulge in on a regular basis. I feel better about what we're eating though!

Find me and say hi over there: MamaChef76

3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS...we're doing Biggest Loser at church to, are you?

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-D)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Go you! I am so PROUD!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

...blue balls...teeheehee

Okay, crap. Because now you're going to also inspire ME to exercise. However, I won't be going out walking any time soon, as it's super hard to walk with snowshoes and I would totally need a pair!

I'm really behaving more on the nutritious side of things but I do plan to get out walking unless a personal trainer that works for free waltzes into my life and decides to help me do a real workout. ::sigh::

8:17 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

You go my friend...I too do Spark People but have fallen off the wagon. I really need to get back there. I found some really great recipies and tips there and it's so easy to keep track of your calories.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Lazy? Not you. Not after all that. And I don't even exercise - ya got me beat!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go Angie! :o)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great going! I'm proud of you.
I don't even care if you use the word "sucks" on Steve's blog.

Mom

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Yeah Angie! I have that same walking DVD. It can kick your butt...especially the 2 mile.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

ok, so it just occurred to me that i did an exercise video by sparkpeople today. i found a couple online and liked what i did today (well, it made me hurt, but it was a decent video...haha!)

11:04 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

how did i completely miss this post???? hey i am so proud of you... i will cheer you on pleae cheer me on... i am also trying to move more during the day... i get into a routine... whatever i am doing i keep doing it... if i am sitting at computer i keep sitting at computer, if i am scrubbing a floor i keep doing that until it is finished problem is no job is ever finished... super excited for you ANgie

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home