This is My "Real" Blog: It is Time. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

It is Time. . . .

I love the movie, "The Lion King" for many reasons.

One reason is that it was *the* Disney movie released the year that Edison was born. For some reason, I latched onto it -- and bought him a copy when the video became available.

Another reason? The music is outstanding. "Hakuna Matata" what a wonderful phrase! Seriously, the music is amazing. Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" is also hauntingly beautiful. It's just all around fun.

The storyline is great. The actors doing the voices are great. Especially James Earl Jones (Mufasa) and Robert Guillaume (Rafiki).

For some reason, when you get to the end of the movie >>>spoiler alert<<< and it's time for Simba to take leadership of the pride of lions, Rafiki turns to him and in a very deep, peaceful voice, he says: "It is time."

Suddenly Simba steps forward -- roars a MIGHTY roar -- and begins his reign.

I don't know. . .for some reason, I always get chills when that scene happens. The first couple times I saw the movie, I know I cried at that point. But, now it just gives me the shivers.

What is or was it time for since I last blogged?

1) Taking down Christmas decorations - they're gone. They're back in the barn on the farm. And, I was never more glad to get things packed away.

2) Our anniversary -- which means going away!!! On Tuesday, Mark and I will celebrate 19 years of being married. I don't know if there's a special "gift" for the 19th year (cotton, gold, silver, etc) but I think we're both planning on giving each other time and sleep.

Although it has been a simpler Christmas than some in the past, it was still a busy, busy one.

3) New Year Decisions. Notice I didn't say "resolutions" in this sentence. That's for a reason. However, I have decided to live a healthier lifestyle this year. I am also going to make more time in my day -- doesn't matter what time of day -- for reading my Bible, and spending quality time doing things that feed my soul. Now, if I drop a pound or two (or twenty) in this process, more's the better.

4) Some time this year will be spent reuniting with friends from high school. It's not a specific reunion year for either of my graduating classes ('82 and '86) but there are plans for my Facebook friends from high school to get together this summer when we're driving through the Chicago area on our way to Daniel's high school graduation.

That's right -- this little boy



is graduating from high school in May. It just doesn't seem right. But, as Rafiki says. . . "It is time." And so we will celebrate.

I will probably not blog until after we get back from Gatlinburg. If, for some bizarre reason, I do not blog before 2009 dawns, may I wish you a blessed New Year.

. . .and thanks for being one of my (very few) readers. It always means a lot when people talk to me about something and preface it by saying: "Well, I read this on your blog. . . "

Have a great New Year's Celebration! Stay safe!!
Photobucket

14 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I'm with you on the New Year Decision. It sound so much better than a resolution, and I'm all for the healthier lifestyle. We can do it together and hopefully loose a couple of pounds along the way.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray for anniversarys, de-decorating, and sheer merriment!

Love to read, love that you blog, and am excited to make some decisions myself.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big hugs and enjoy your time with hubby! Come back refreshed, renewed for 2009 is going to be grand!

5:48 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

I miss you so much tonight... i replayed my C*line singing and got all weepy... i think we need to resolve that 2009 be the year , you know what i mean?

7:07 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

go to my comment section , i commented after you..

9:38 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Congrats, Angie, for being the winner!

And nineteen years? Doesn't seem much over 17 . . .

Have fun, kids.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that movie. Did you say driving through Chicago? Is it north on 94? We have no sign of Christmas in our house anymore, I was ready to move on to the New Year.

8:02 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I hope you guys have a fabulous anniversary! I think every year you manage not to kill one another is a cause for celebration.

(Generic you...not you and Mark of course)

XOXOX!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, happy new year, happy anniversary, and thanks for adding me to your blogroll. Whew! Lots to say, huh? Hope you are having a great time away.

Love the new year's "decisions"--that's a great way to put it!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Well... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I hope you have a lovely little getaway together.

I'm not taking my decorations down until the end of January. I lovebeing surrounded by them and all the memories the spark. I'm a softy for memories.

Have a year of wisdom and health.
Joni

5:17 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

Hope it was a wonderful getaway...and I like your New Year's decisions!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

We undecorated today. Team effort that didn't result in any crying, screaming or any kind of fight! lol

The Lion King? Currently Cooper's FAVOURITE movie. We don't even have it on DVD. That VHS tape must be worn VERY thin! And oddly, every time I go in his room when it's on I linger and watch it no matter how many bajillion times it's been!

I hope you two have a wonderful, refreshing, marriage-refueling getaway for your anniversary...congratulations!

Plenty of love and hugs coming your way from my cold little corner of the world!!!

M :)

1:42 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

it is getting time to blog agin Angie!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home