This is My "Real" Blog: GOOOOOOOOOOOUDA!!


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

GOOOOOOOOOOOUDA!!

It was picture time at our house today. . . yikes!





Caroline has a new method for picture taking. She says "cheese."

Only. . .she says it long, loud, and with an impish look on her face that does not, in any way, resemble a smile. Who's idea was it to get people to say "cheese" in the first place? Obviously not a mom.

All this to say. . . busy days. Busy mornings. Busy evenings. But, not too busy to have our pictures taken today. (Thanks again, Kathy! You're a lifesaver.)

Still working on some homemade Christmas projects. I think I'll be working on them until Christmas day, if I'm honest. But, I'll get there--one way or another. At this point, we don't have anything on the calendar for tomorrow. So, I hope to make a big dent in the seemingly endless "To-Do list."

I can say, however, that all my presents (except for these I'm struggling to finish) are wrapped. . .and under the tree(s). I say plural trees because I added some small gifts under the hallways tree that leads back to our bedroom. If I'd have gotten a little tree skirt made, I wouldn't have put the presents there. But, they add to the "festive-ness" of the hallway. Is YOUR hallway festive? Think about it.


Funny thing about these presents? Edison asked me today -- and he was serious -- "Mom, are those real presents, or are they fake ones?" FAKE PRESENTS!?!?! Is he nuts?

I'm SO over wrapping presents, the idea of wrapping fake ones for display just about made me physically ill. Who does he think I am? Martha Stewart? Yeah. . . . they're just for display, Edison. You keep believing that.

Here are some of the pics that Kathy took today -- I'm fairly pleased with them. Of course, *she* had no control over the subject matters in the photo. (ha ha!)







From our House to Yours. . . Merry Christmas!!

We pray that you will always sense the wonder and awe that is Christmas. And that, in the midst of your celebrations, you will stop for glimpses of the magic and the mystery of Christmas.

Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

Ok I bit... you tempted me, i succumbed...and was it ever worth it! first of all I love photos of all fam! But the last photo well, lets jsut say she reminds me of one of mine... the photo of K-belle from this year.... nothing like a precious heart admiring light... ahhhhhh... love you and ps ... k and h were with me and we sighed collectively at the first photo of the kiss

8:34 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and that ornament with edison picture?the foam tree? we have the same ornament...different kid though... i might just have to get an edison version

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I *love, love, love* all those photos of y'all! Your photographer did a great job!

Anthony is the same way about photos... a loud long Cheeeeeeeeese! (with a priceless grin to match!).

I'm picking him up tomorrow at our appointed meeting place. School has a special spot in town they use to do the bus loading and unloading.

I've got lots of craft things for him to do while I frantically finish my crochet potholders. I'd like to get three more done... that's doable. And then two more done by New Year's Day to mail out later...

9:19 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

I put up photos too!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Your Christmas house is a wonderful place. Thank Kathy from your fans!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm glad they turned out...they look better off the camera. I love the picture of Caroline looking at the tree. See you in a couple of hours.

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray! LOVE the pics, Angie :-)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Neat pix. Love the last one.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I love all your pictures, and that last one brought tears to my eyes. I'm loving the pictures too from the top post. The quilt is beautiful.
Have a Very Merry Christmas with your awesome family!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

cute pics! i wish i had a hallway big enough to make festive...it's basically just the point where two bedrooms and the bathroom come together, it hardly even counts as a hallway much less has space for a tree and/or gifts.

next year i think i should offer gift-wrapping services for a nominal fee to those who don't wanna do the work themselves...you think there's a market for that at our church?

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home