This is My "Real" Blog: This is my Wish. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This is my Wish. . . .

A Simple Christmas.
That's my heart's desire.
My heart will be disappointed, I fear.
My heart will not give up hope for a simple Christmas.

. . . but it's most likely not going to happen this year. And yes, that is yours truly - courtesy of Mom's old photo album, and my scanner. It was fun to look through our old pictures.

Update on the kiddos. . .

Edison made it through an entire day of school today. Of course, the word I received was that he was tired and sore. I'm sure he is. But, he made it through--and that's more important than just about anything. He's competing in the county-wide spelling bee tomorrow night, so I really wanted him to go to school 1 or 2 days before the competition.

Caroline? Mystery. We took her back to the doctor today, because her fever spiked up again last night, and the rash got bolder. Of course, they found nothing wrong with her. We've taken her off Benadryl (no itching) and are continuing the Tylenol. I'm flummoxed, but not defeated. I'm taking her (Christmas) shopping tomorrow. She will think that we're making random stops at stores. . . but I'm actually shopping for her. Shhhh!

So other than that, I'm finding myself burning the candle at both ends, in the middle, and across the top. But, what else is new? I'm seriously trying to do some advance work so that the week(s) leading up to and following Christmas can be relaxing weeks. We'll see.

Until we meet again, my friends. . .I leave you with another picture. Enjoy!


Yep. That's me and my daddy!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

ok, i know this is going to come out sounding bad but...i LOVE old pictures! i wish i lived "back then", it seems like it was a simpler time in life. every time i see old pictures they just make me feel like i missed out on something! my grandma gave me some of her old christmas decorations and, even though they look so cheap and smell kinda strange, i just love them because of the nostalgia factor.

makes me wonder if someday our kids will look back on their old pictures and think of the simpler days gone by...how much more complicated can life get?!

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eyes are tearing up...I *LOVE* those photos from your childhood!!!!!

Hang in there dear... stop, breathe and take care of you ...

Big hugs!

10:25 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you are one cutie patootie, were then, still are

12:21 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Wow - they used black-and-white film in the 80s, when you were little?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I love seeing pictures from the past, I won't say old because that would make me "OLD". Hey, Caroline looks just like you :)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home