This is My "Real" Blog: Ooo-ooh that Smell. . . .Can't you smell that smell?


Angie's Blog!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Ooo-ooh that Smell. . . .Can't you smell that smell?


Today, it's freshly-baked cookies.

Mark's mom has been baking up a storm in my kitchen. For the last number of years, she has made all of our Christmas cookies during the Thanksgiving holiday when we're together.

So far, there are:

Chocolate Chip cookies
Thumbprint cookies
Pecan Crescent cookies

And soon there will be:

Snickerdoodle cookies
Jelly Nut Wreath cookies
Cherry BonBon cookies

. . . .gracing my kitchen. . . and my hips. Sigh.

Seriously. These are phenomenal cookies. She traditionally brings a large platter of them to our family Thanksgiving feast on the farm. They're always a hit.

I was given my assignments for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday morning, as we left church. This year, I am providing:

Corn & Wild Rice (Pioneer Woman)
7-Layer Salad
Cornbread Dressing (w/sausage, pecans, & cranberries)
Cranberry Jelly (the kind that "sloorps" out of the can)

I am looking forward to making these dishes, along with our traditional Aubrey Family Breakfast Thursday morning. It varies from year to year, but always includes a breakfast casserole of some kind. This year is no exception. I am planning some sort of breakfast casserole, scones or biscuits, fresh fruit, and of course. . . . cookies!!

On Friday, no one from the family will be shopping (burn me once. . .etc.). Instead, we'll have homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and a dinner of Pork Roast, Cheesy Potato Casserole, Green Beans, some sort of salad, and homemade rolls.

Yeah. . . we never skimp on the food around here. Surprised?

I didn't think so.

I'm off to do some more damage on the Christmas presents I am attempting to finish by Friday morning/afternoon. Pray about that one. I'm not as far along as I would have hoped.

Until later. . . .
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

The cookies sound delicious.

I'm certain you will get all of your Christmas presents done as you had planned. We are beginning to think about packing and checking the weather forecasts. We are in for a snowy drive through West Virginia.

We are just praying that James starts to sound and feel a little better. Carrots are a no go for him... he had a reaction.

Here's hoping "C" is feeling better. We'll see you all in a week or so.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I think I'll be having Thanksgiving with the Aubreys this year. Everything sounds so good and that plate of cookies looks so yummy.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I'm with Judy. Mmmmmmm!!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM! Those cookies are making me drool on my keyboard...

What time is dinner?

;-D)

9:22 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

its recipe time at angie's blog!!!! yippee!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home