This is My "Real" Blog: A break in the week. . .


Angie's Blog!

Friday, November 21, 2008

A break in the week. . .

It's Friday, again. As Mark pointed out last night, Christmas is going to be here before we know it. And no, I'm not ready. I spent a little time sewing today. I need to spend some more time sewing tonight.

And, we've been attacked by the "snack monster" at our house. I've been trying diligently to buy less CRAP at the grocery store, and to make more stuff from scratch. Hence, the apple butter and homemade whole wheat bread yesterday. It was TASTY!! (It still is. . . and I may go grab a slice before too long!)

We also enjoyed Smoked Chicken earlier in the week, courtesy of my friend, Dan. It was yummy.

I just made a batch of caramel corn, and while it "bakes" and gets all delicious, I'm going to submit to the wishes of my 14-year old, and give him the computer to check his Facebook.

That's right. . . . you read that correctly.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! We're going to enjoy a quiet, productive Saturday. Beyond that, I can't say. But, it will be fun. It will involve food and family. And, above all, it will be a BREAK.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Shopping list at the grocery store:

One big box of scratch

(I think they store that close to the elbow grease, don't they?)

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ Steve...

Enjoy the weekend. Yeppers, Christmas will be here before you know it. It'll be here faster than today got here. (makes sense?)

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend. I'm going to and with a whopping 19° outside this morning I'm sure during my run today I won't even break out in a sweat :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I want the caramel corn recipe...sounds delicious. We are enjoying a quiet Saturday while Barry is away hunting, although we've already been to see Dr. Powers this morning. Yeah!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

What is it with us and food? I mean COME ON, but I love it. And I want smoked chicken. And I live in the burbs of DC and they have laws about barbecues and smokers. Sad.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home