This is My "Real" Blog: Well Now. . .


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Well Now. . .

I'm going to bed. Things didn't go the way I had wished they would go. They went, however, the way I suspected they would go. And, gratefully, they aren't going to stretch out for hours, days, and weeks on end.

Am I disappointed? Sure.
Am I mad? Nah.
Am I nervous? Yep.
Am I gonna pray? You betcha.

That's the only response I've got. . . prayer. But, all things being equal, I would have been praying non-stop for a McCain/Palin presidency, too.

Folks, this is not the world's most glamorous job. It's literally a job where the weight of the world sits squarely on your shoulders. Some carry it well. Others drop "the ball" as it were, and we pay the price.

I have friends who are jubilant.
Congratulations. (I mean it!!)
I have friends who are upset.
Yeah, I know. I'm praying about my response -- and yours.
I have friends who are just plain mad.
Remember that there is ONE who holds us in HIS hands.

I have friends who are confused. . . scared. . . disilluisioned. But even more daunting?

I have a son who is going to wake up with hinty-billion questions that cannot be answered. And somehow. . .in some way, Mark and I will expected to provide the answers.

Talk about the weight of the world. . . .


Goodnight.
God Bless America.
America? Bless God. Please?!?!
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put, Angie.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put, Angie.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Very nice. I too am not surprised by the outcome, just very, very disappointed.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I told my husband last night this is making me nervous. Being a good speaker (and actually I only find he's a good speaker when he's just reading from a script, when he's just talking he uses so many an uh over and over) and charasmatic, and likable does not a leader make. That doesn't mean you're qualified to run a country. That's what I don't get...why were so many not concenered about lack of qualifications? 2 yrs in the Senate? vs someone who loves their country and wanted to lead their country?

Sorry to hijack your comments!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I'm working on being a good American and accepting all this. God wants us to pray for our leaders and so I shall. I hope Mr. Obama surprises us and the world with good change.

10:19 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hmmm I am one of the hopeful friends today...and I am praying hard because there is a lot of work ahead for many people

11:18 AM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

Angie, this post is just another reason that I love you. Your insight and gift of words is something that I am lucky to be able to see more of than your readers.

Thank you.

Mark
....

11:35 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

It's all going to be okay hon. You have the right attitude.

Keep looking up.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home