This is My "Real" Blog: It. . .is. . .Done. . . er, I meant "Finished"


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It. . .is. . .Done. . . er, I meant "Finished"

No, I'm not sacreligiously (is that a word?) quoting our Lord and Savior for a joke. I am taking an opportunity to celebrate the accomplishment of something HUGE.

I finished Caroline's quilt. Yep. It's done. So, that's ONE item that can be checked off of that "To-Do List" that I put on here a week (or so) ago. But, alas. There are more things on the list. Many, many, many more things.

Oh. You wanted to see pictures? I thought you'd never ask. . .


Okay. . .from that angle, it pains me to admit that you can see some "lint" on the green squares. This form of quilting, "Rag" quilting, has you quilting "inside out" and then washing and drying the quilt to fringe the edges. I love it -- especially the part where you don't have to be a perfectionist.


Mark took these pictures while I was at church tonight. This is Caroline -- trying to escape once she'd been put into bed. Yeah. . .we think it's funny too. Funny. Ha ha.

Don't be fooled. She's not asleep. I think he caught her in mid-blink.

This is my hands-down favorite picture of all of them. That look on her face made all those hourse of cutting, matching, piecing, and snipping seams worth it. And that, my friends. . . is what I call a job "well done."
Title Reference: When I worked at Wheaton College, I was a secretary in both the advancement department, and the english department. My tenure with the english department was quite enjoyable. And, I learned a lot, too.
One of the things I was "forced" to learn -- from my boss (department chair) was that when one accomplishes a task, they are finished rather than being done. As he put it, "Steaks are done. Tasks, and those that accomplish them, are finished."
Ah, yes.





Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Hilah said...

I am so glad to know that Jesus was grammatically correct when he said "It is finished."

11:02 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

The quilt looks great. I'm sure "C" will enjoy it now that the weather has gotten very, very cold.

5:59 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

quilt is amazing and C*line is one lucky chica...and her jammies melted my heart...

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, you did a great job! I love that last picture, it is just too cute.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Wonderful....fantastic

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home