This is My "Real" Blog: Pass that Hot Toddy THIS Way!


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pass that Hot Toddy THIS Way!

Okay, tonight I officially declared myself, "Cool Mom of the Year." Or better yet, make that "Stone Cold Mother of the Year."

No, it's not because of my Amazon-like physique and my drop-dead looks. Nope. Not even close.

It's because I offered to take my son to a football game tonight (well, the 2nd half anyway) on our way home from band practice at church. Did I have a jacket? Heck no! Was it cold?

I really want to use a bad word here, but I'll decline.

It was cold. Stone.freaking.cold.

And yes. . . his "friend" was there -- cheering for the team. They won 54-6, so it was a good game to watch. And, of course, the minute we arrived and sat down, all the little chippy cheerleaders started "chipping" because Edison was there -- and everyone knows that "the girl" likes him.

She and I have met a couple of times. In fact, today, when I was picking him up from school, she gave me a keychain that she made for me. It's a beaded string with alphabet beads spelling out my name. I tied it onto my keychain -- and there it will stay. . . well, until it breaks. It's not made of the sturdiest of materials.

Tonight, as we were making our way back to the van . . .oh, did I mention? I was only wearing a blouse -- no sweater -- no sweatshirt...and CROCS with no SOCKS.

Yeah, I'm still freezing, and I've sneezed twice. I'm telling myself that it's the dust, and not a cold coming on. We'll see. . .

Anyway, as we were walking away, she came running over to Edison and me. She asked me if I liked my keychain. I told her that I did -- and showed her how it was on my keychain.

I kid you not. . . .she looked at me all dejected-like. Why? I put her keychain on my keychain. What the heck? Oh yeah. . .she's a teenage girl. It's not supposed to make sense.

Then, after smiling at me, and asking me if I like the keychain, she proceeds to HUG Edison. . . and then runs away.

I don't know.
I don't know anything.
I don't know anything except that I'm cold.
Real cold.

Oh yeah, and tired.

So, I'm off -- this is Stone Cold Mother of the Year signing off. . .for now!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OK....teenage girls are WEIRD!

You are an AWESOME mom!!!! I am NOT looking forward to that madness...not even a LITTLE!!!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::sigh::

young love...LOL!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....SO glad you are paving the way for us all....I am watching intently.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

maybe you were supposed to put the keychain thing on your BACKPACK like all the cool kids do? i used to have quite the collection of keychains on my backpack...

just a thought!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got any gifts (lol) and I could have gotten a lot of them. This is a great one.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home