This is My "Real" Blog: Well, I did it. . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Well, I did it. . .

I voted.

It's done.

And now, we wait and see.

I always say a prayer before I hit that last green button on the screen. I also traditionally get a lump in my throat. I did both today.

I know that we are blessed. I know that we have rights that some people only dream of having. And because of that, and so many other thoughts swirling through my heart and mind, I always get a little "verklempt" as I hit that final button.

I am ready for this election to be finished. . . .but, of course, I will be one of the masses, watching endless coverage of the election. It's all right, though. I have a blanket that I need to finish crocheting. And, if I finish it before the coverage ends, I have other (not-to-be-named) projects on which to work. So, it will be fine.

For that matter, I can also get the laptop out, and do some real *work* for this week. I'm home with Caroline today. Public schools are out. Private schools? In. I went to vote after taking Edison to school.

So, what am I going to do today on this sunny, yet chilly morning?

Well, to start off, I'm drinking a hot cup of cocoa. It's a homemade mix (recipe to follow) that I was inspired to make by a friend of mine. I tweaked her recipe some (I know. . .I never do that kind of thing -- wink, wink!) It's very good, if I must say so myself. Edison loves it -- and he's become quite the cocoa fiend. I was getting very tired of paying HUGE amounts of money on those little packets -- and I know this is better for him. So, everybody wins. (Did I mention? It's caffeine free, too!)

But, back to my morning's activities. . . I need or desire to:

*clean our bathrooms
*make bread -- Wheat Berry, this time. YUM.
*continue the endless cycle of laundry
*work on Caroline's bedroom curtain (that's a big MAYBE -- depending on how she cooperates)
*go to the dump
*make dinner

. . . you know, the usual! Ha!

So, on this sunny Election Day, I pray God's presence as you make your selection. I pray that you will be confident in your candidate(s) (tall order this time around) and that you will find peace in the midst of the strife between political parties.

. . .and if you need it, have a cup of hot cocoa, and be glad for freedom! Here's the recipe. Enjoy!


Hot Cocoa Mix

2 c. powdered sugar
25.6 oz. box powdered milk
8 oz. jar non-dairy creamer**
1 lb. box Nestle's Quik (3.5 cups)
1/2 c. baking cocoa

Mix all ingredients together. Goes into a large container. Makes four (4) quart jars for gift-giving.

To make cocoa: Put 4 -5 heaping teaspoons (1/3 to 1/2 c) into a mug of hot water.

**Here's where I had fun. They now have all sorts of flavors available for purchase. I used French Vanilla. Other options were: chocolate, hazelnut, sugar-free vanilla, etc. We have really enjoyed the vanilla. I think I'll do hazelnut next time! :)
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

taking to you left me filed with peace, joy, frombeing heard and understood, everyone needs that right? and we make an amazing hot cocoa mix with vanilla creamer... but i liek the addition of powdered sugar , i think that might the "bit" we are missing.... also try to add a packet of Dr Oetker Vanilla Sugar ....

12:04 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and hannah adds mini marshmallows to our mix, and we arent looking she adds more...

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I played with a cocoa recipe from Alton Brown and love it...

I've been praying all morning. I have faith in that whatever God brings to us, he will also bring us through it.

I have specific fears about this election...and I hope they don't come true.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I'll have to print out that recipe. I love making Hot Chocolate on cold winter nights. I voted today, and 3 of my kids voted for the first time ever. Now the real waiting begins.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

And the world waits....so let's have a yummy drink while we do

6:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds like my Christmas project...the cocoa that is! I MAY even do it with my co-op classes....wu! The bold woman that I am!!!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home