This is My "Real" Blog: gulp. . . I cannot believe I'm admitting this....


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

gulp. . . I cannot believe I'm admitting this....

We are having company at our house (non-family) for the FIRST time in a long time.

One of the things I wanted to do at this house was have people over for dinner. Our previous house just didn't give us the space we needed for that (Sorry, Kath!) We used the kitchen as our "eat-in" area, and it just wasn't big enough for more than about six people. And once the high chair took it's place of residence. . .it was all over with!

So, when we moved, I was so excited because we'd have people over, and we'd have all sorts of room for people to eat meals with us. We even bought a new table and chairs to help accomplish this.

However. . . other than family, and our small group that meets every other week, it really hasn't happened except ONCE last year.

That, my friends, is humiliating.

So, tonight, we're having some friends over for dinner. We're going to watch a movie after dinner. I'm excited. But, I'm freaking out -- because I've not cleaned for (non-family) company in YEARS, or so it seems.

What's on the menu? Glad you asked:

Baked Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Roasted potatoes, carrots, onions, and red peppers
Green beans
Apple Swiss Cashew Salad
Homemade Bread (some kind, haven't decided yet)
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake -- homemade -- it's cooling as I type!

So, it will be a great dinner -- but I've got a lot to do before they get here in THREE HOURS!!!

More later, I promise!
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Oh Yummy! Can you invite me next time? (lol) Relax you'll do just fine and everything will be great.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

Dang girl...that sounds great! Hope you had a great time!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Yummm! Hope dinner went well and
that you didn't get the shakes too
badly from being away from the
computer for too long. ;)

Have a great evening...which movie???
We just watched ''Get Smart'' at my
parents' house. Steve Carell was great.

M :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Three hours? But I'm five hours away . . . I guess it's not me who's coming to dinner.

Poor me.

11:21 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i am reading this in the morning and i am already satrving for dinner.... wow that sounds good, we made that apple cashew salad last year for the holidays , oh boy was it good...

8:37 AM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

What time did you want Mike and I to come?

hehehehe

Donna

11:30 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Yummy menu!! We went on a streak of having people for dinner and then we got lazy. Need to start entertaining again. It's so easy to meet in one of our fun, cozy restaurants.

Hurry, hurry Angie... time is running out! Did I hear the doorbell?
Joni

3:38 PM  
Blogger *Heather said...

Stopping in to say hello and catch up with you! I hope you are doing well! ;)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Hope all is going well. Say "hi" to anybody who stops by.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home