This is My "Real" Blog: Oh, Sure.


Angie's Blog!

Friday, December 05, 2008

Oh, Sure.

This little 2-word phrase is Caroline's new "catch phrase" for everything.

Caroline, do you want to eat dinner? "Oh, sure."
Caroline, let's go shopping. "Oh, sure."
Caroline! Get your shoes on. "Oh, sure."
Caroline, can you say "Merry Christmas?" "Oh, sure."

It's hilarious. And, we have no earthly idea where it's come from.

There is lots of activity going on in the Aubrey household these days. We're decorating, shopping, crafting, reading, chasing, (uh) pooping. . . sorry, we've had a run of "the runs" with Caroline lately. I initially blamed the antibiotics, but we're not certain the source. Thankfully, it appears to have "run" its course (again, I apologize) and we seem to be on the mend.

In all honesty, it will be nice to send her to a full week of school next week. . . as long as the weather cooperates.

I thought I'd pop a few more pictures (mainly stuff, not so much people) on here. These are some of the Christmas "things" going on and up around our house. There's more to come. . . just not enough time to get them all accomplished this week. sigh.

Here you go. Here are some fun pictures. . .

My piano has all sorts of Christmas "stuff" on it. . .from my homemade snowmen to the little angel Caroline made last year. . . to my vase full of small glass ornaments. The Santas across the front of the music stand are from Mark's collection of Santas. He's kind of given up the whole "collecting" thing -- but we kept the most precious ones.

This is my Precious Moments nativity set that I purchased back in 1980, when I first began working at Zondervan Family Bookstore. It is now a collector's item. However, mine lost a significant measure of its value when I lost the box that it came in. Oh well. . . the memory of saving up and purchasing this set with my first job is more valuable than anything to me. And, I just love that little black sheep. He's always been my favorite. Caroline arranged them, with Mary & Joseph separated from the shepherds. Can we say elitist?

I'm not the "Christmas Village" sort of girl. But, this one is different. Mark's mom and dad have given me the various pieces over the years. It was first discovered at a store in the little town where Mark's Aunt Shirley lived (I believe). And, I truly cherish it. I love the looks of these houses. . . . always pictured myself living in a house like that one day. Hmmm. We'll see.

These paper "ornaments" are hanging in Edison's room. Granted, they're not quite how I envisioned them hanging -- but he did it, and he seems satisfied. So, I'm not saying another word. I saw some like this at the Fantasy of Trees last weekend, and thought it would be a fun way to use up some of the MOUNTAIN of extra scrapbook paper I have. (I didn't even scratch the surface) But, it was sure fun to play with scissors, paper, and glue. (Beth -- you're right!!!)

I'm getting ready to work on a miniature tree with some of the smallest "orbs" and when it's done, I'll take its picture, too. I'm sure you're holding your breath in anticipation.

Lastly, here's the newest member of our family. . . Amanda, the bear that Caroline made at Build-a-Bear on Tuesday night. She really is a cutie.


I hope that you're enjoying the sights, smells, and sounds of the season. I personally have already listened to Wyndam Hill's "Winter Solstice III" which is my favorite in the series. There is a version of "In the Bleak Midwinter" that speaks to the heart of me. There's also a stirring arrangement of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" that makes me cry every time I hear it. The entire album--or the album series--is a long-standing tradition for me during the holidays, and beyond. I encouage you to look them up.

Well, it's a busy weekend. The DSAG Christmas party is tomorrow, and that's always a lot of fun. And yes, there will be plenty more pictures. (And I *did* get a little Christmas shopping done today -- Caroline has an "official" Christmas outfit for such occasions!) It's been a good day!

Have a wonderful, lovely weekend!!!
Photobucket

12 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Gald to hear "C" is on the mend. I hope it's the last bug for awhile in the Aubrey household. Build-A-Bear is my favorite. She did a wonderful job...go Big Orange!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

oh sure, I am such a christmas village sort of girl... i love miniatures, when i was a kid i loved building doll house furnitures from boxes, etc... i love seeing things in miniature... *sighs* i really loved this post angie seeing your decorations... jenni-lein's birthday on monday...28 years where did those years go? *sighs* *sighs* that would be doble-sighs

11:57 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I love your decorations and the build a bear is darling and I can't wait to see Caroline in her outfit. I do have 3 Department 56 village houses from my mother that at one time she collected. I never say no to my mother when she wants to get rid of something, you never know it just might be valuable, which usually 9 times out of 10 it is. My sister hasn't learned that yet (lol).
I really need to get my shopping done. But, with 4 big kids to buy for and they don't know what they want, and when they do give me a list of some kind...well let's just say the prices are as big as them...sigh.
You have a wonderful Saturday my friend.
Judy

8:45 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

we had some explosive diaper situations on tuesday here at our house, but i think it was slight-old-kiwi related. still, not much fun...esp for us mommas who get to do the cleanup :-/

i saw "mountain of extra scrapbook paper i have" and my eyes just sorta glazed over. if you ever just want it out of your house, i'm still such a beginner that paper is still in short supply over here ;-) hehehe!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the decorations. With all that's going on this year, I'll live vicariously through yours.

Since we're staying in the airstream, I just have a little tabletop silver retro tree on the dinette table.

2:24 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Do I wish I was part of your whole family? Oh sure.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

I soooooooooooooooooooooooo remember the button tree and the raw lemon squares...

7:44 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

go to k's blog ... k? i'll write something later... but you will love it

8:46 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I just lost my whole comment... don't know where it went. And I can't remember what I was saying either. So to sum it all up...

Love the bear, love the decorations, love the paper decorations, love Caroline's cute comment.

Snowy Wisconsin Hugs,
Joni

10:36 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

now you need to go to my blog and see what tony wrote for her... i am too emotional today to be of much good for anything, go figure

12:24 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Do I love your Precious Moments (fave of mine) Nativity scene - "oh sure"! LOL!

Merry Christmas my friend.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have my Precious Moments figurine of the two angels sitting on a cloud that you gave me back in 1980 when you were working at Zondervan's at the mall. I still have the box, too, but it is in bad shape. I'm not planning on selling it ever, though!

Love ya, Ang!
(Yes, I originally replied to the wrong blog!!! DOH!)

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home