This is My "Real" Blog: Blow, Blow Thou Winter Wind


Angie's Blog!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Blow, Blow Thou Winter Wind

I'm not sure. . .but I believe this was a song I had to sing for voice lessons in college. Or maybe it was a song that Brian Jackson sang (not one of the famous 5 Jacksons) and I played for him. . .?

Blow, blow thou winter wind
Thou art not so unkind
Thou art not so unkind as man's ingratitude

Yeah. Chew on those words for a few minutes. It's Friday. There's time.

It's been a crazy week -- but I can proudly say that my daughter has been to school every day this week. Not only that, but she went to school in her pjs today -- they're having "Pajama Day" while her class watches the "Polar Express."

A note of clarity here: Caroline has never sat still through an entire movie -- much less an episode of "Max & Ruby" so this ought to be interesting.

In other news....

Yesterday was Mark's birthday. That's right -- for the next five months, he is three years older than me. I find that somewhat appealing. I married a cradle robber!

Sadly for him, we weren't able to celebrate his birthday as a cohesive family unit -- because I had a rehearsal at church last night. Normally, we would have had our rehearsal on Wednesday night, but our staff Christmas party was on Wednesday night.

So, he and the kids ate chicken nuggets, baked potatoes, and birthday cake. And no, the cake wasn't homemade. Thank you for asking. I picked it up for him at the grocery store -- and it really was yummy.

So, feel free to pop over to his blog and tell him Happy Birthday -- even if it is a day late.

In the meantime, I'm off to (hopefully) wrap the last of the presents. You know that's not true -- but it's a good thought. Then, I need to do some cleaning -- family is coming in next week!!! We're going to (I think) host a New Year's celebration here with my sister's family and my parents. So, there's a lot to do -- and time is running out so very, very quickly.

I'm going to quote my dear friend, Judy and say: You go and have a good day. Stay warm -- those of you in the northern end of the world.

Peace out!









Oh. . .the title? Again she does the cryptic titles. The wind is blowing like NOBODY'S business today -- it's not cold. But it's brutal. That's all.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

this wind makes me nervous...last time it blew this crazy we had the tree by the driveway fall on jonathan's car. and we have a tree just like it in the back yard. i'm kinda nervous...

10:48 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

We've had some of the wind. It was in the upper 60s and I had a window open. Temps are on their way back down again.

Keep on thinking on God and that milk of human kindness, not the ingratitude part.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hey...I'm glad Caroline made it through the week at school. I wish we could have had a party today...Oh well! That's another story for another day. Hope Mark had a great birthday minus you...Barry is older than me for only 5 months every year.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That wind was wild on the hill and ten floors up. OY! I thought I saw a rowboat with two fishermen pass by...LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

We got snow but not the ice. I'll head on over to wish him a belated birthday. I have been trying to keep up with the blogs but this time of year it's just too busy.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home