This is My "Real" Blog: Wrapping it all Up....


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wrapping it all Up....

I am looking forward to finishing a few projects tonight. After this, we don't have a free night until Friday (I think). And, Friday is a half-day for Edison, so we'll probably tack on a few errands to that day - prior to celebrating Mark's birthday. And yes, for those of you who remember, his birthday is actually on the 18th -- but we have a choir/orchestra rehearsal that night. Seriously. . . I love my life!

We've actually talked about going to Dollywood on Friday, but they're calling for rain. . .and I really don't want to go traipsing around in the cold, wet. . . talk about an invitation for the flu. Ick. So, I don't know. But, I am getting excited about having some time to rest, and retreat with the holidays coming up.

Mark and I will celebrate 19 years of marriage on the 30th. He's taking me away for a couple of days up to Gatlinburg, I believe. It may be Pigeon Forge. I lose track. All I know is that I'm taking a couple of books to read, some crocheting or hand-quilting to do, and a movie or two to watch. I think we're going to watch Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight. I realize that doesn't seem like anniversary-appropriate movie watching. . .but if I recall, we watched "Parenthood" shortly after getting married -- possibly on our "honeymoon." So, we've got a long history of watching questionable movies while celebrating our anniversary.

Life is somewhat back to normal. . . however, two families that we know lost grandparents just today. That takes me back about 16 years, I believe. My Grandma Heim died on the 22nd of December. That was tough. Christmas was difficult to celebrate that year. And, I'm sure for the two families that have been affected today -- this will be a very different Christmas.

So, other than that. . . I'm putting up the last of the small holiday trees that didn't get put up over Thanksgiving. I realize it seems like a last-minute thing. But, one tree is in Caroline's room. I need to take its picture, along with a picture of her new dresser that Grandpa (my dad) and Stan made for her. It is absolutely beautiful!!

There's also a tree going up in Edison's room. We've been so crazy busy the past couple of weeks, I haven't gotten the tree up in his room. It's about time. So, today's the day.

Edison and I went out for a 4-hour shopping marathon last night . . and with the exception of 1 or 2 gifts, we were able to get me finished up. Mark is still the hardest person to buy presents for. . .so I've got a few things left on his list to cross off. But, I'll get there.

When I take a few pics, I'll post them on here. . . until then, stay warm & dry!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmases are so hards after Just losing a loved one. Last year's was hard on us after both Hank and I lost our dads, and we lost my sister in law's brother, Rick. thier absence have been dearly felt.

Having family members die during the holidays just dampens the spirit. Big hugs to those families.

A couple days secluded with your sweetie... sounds like heaven!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

4 Hour shopping marathon. Kweku and I spent the day at a couple malls and I wanted to scream. I'm glad you only have a few presents left!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Much better to scratch off the presents from the list, rather than to scratch off the recipient.

In my mind, anyway.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. I'm trying to remember number 19...I probably was pregnant :0
We are shoveling snow right now. I still need to finish my shopping.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Oh man Angie, it was late when I wrote that last comment. I just stopped before I finished my comment and I don't even remember what else I was going to write...sigh. I think I'm needing things to slow down some.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home