This is My "Real" Blog: There's a Reason for all this Craziness


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

There's a Reason for all this Craziness

On Sunday, our pastor pointed out that the "Silent Night, Holy Night" of which we all sing probably didn't happen.

A stable -- animals
A mother -- no epidurals in the stall
A newborn -- yeah, they cry
Angels -- don't think they weren't singing loudly

And a host of other noises that were taking place in Bethlehem that night. . .which, by the way, probably was NOT December 25 (but I digress).

The first Christmas was one of chaos -- paying taxes, a "forced" marriage, cross-country travel, a very pregnant mother (probably age 14 or so), and a very frightened father-to-be.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Baby Jesus wants us to celebrate his birthday the way he came into the world. . .but I am saying that our craziness probably isn't THAT far off from the craziness of Bethlehem 2000 years ago.

But I think the desire of every heart. . . really. . .is the simple, serene, peaceful nativity scene that we recreate in our hearts and on our hearths each year.

The simple truth? Is this.

God sent Jesus to be our Savior. He didn't have to do it. But, he loved us SO much that he was willing to give the one Son he had to die for our sins. And, rather than make some huge spectacle in presenting him to earth, he chose a stable--a stinky, lowly, animal-filled stable for his Son to arrive through the miraculous birth of a virgin.

He didn't have to.




But, he did.

Merry Christmas!!
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Amen!!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Big hugs and blessings to you and your family!

5:50 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Beautiful.


(And is it wrong that I always freak about the fact that Mary was probably about 14? Because I do)

XOXOXO!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

yeah there's no WAY that stable was a peaceful quiet place...but it's fun to picture it that way during a time of year when we feel like chickens running around with our heads cut off. hehehe. good thoughts :-)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas my friend. We watched The Nativity last night -- I kept picturing it a I read your post. We have so many reasons to rejoice!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Beautiful Angie and that is why I have something over at my blog for you.

8:46 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

I am back into internet land, sort of... I want to tell you in a better way how much you and your precious girl's words meant to me last night... I was not allowed near the computer the past couple of days as it was tied up in party prep... but i will blog soon with photos and stories... i love you

12:42 PM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

I love the willow nativity!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where you come from!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home