This is My "Real" Blog: Simplify - Part 2


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 02, 2009

Simplify - Part 2

I am not going to change my word for the year. My reasons?

Well, first off -- I really didn't simplify my life this past year. Call it a New Year's Resolution gone bad. Call it my inability to live up to my word.

Call it me being too cheap to go out and buy a new decoration. Remember?



I actually like it. And, I don't think it's a bad way to live for the rest of my days, really. And, since I can be practical and cheap at the same time, I'm sticking with it.

Simplify.

We've had a fun couple of days since Christmas. Mark and I enjoyed a great mini-getaway. His blog has all the details. . . well, some of them.

We have pictures, too. But, as I pointed out to him -- our pictures are of other stuff and not each other. We don't take many pictures of each other, our of ourselves.

New Year's Eve was spent here at our house with Lori's family and my parents. We laughed until we hurt. Daniel seems to be enjoying his gift (from us) of "The Office" trivia game. I won the first time. HA!! I think Chris won the 2nd game -- but honestly, we laughed so hard through it, I don't remember. And yes, that IS what she said!

I can also say (now) that I made Lori & Chris AND Steve & Bettie rag quilts for their Christmas presents. I think I have pictures of both of them opening their gifts. When I find those pics, I'll post them.

I gave my mom a quilted table runner (nearly finished). I have to finish the machine quilting on the border, and attach the binding. Then, I'll give it to her to actually USE.

I'm sure there's more to say and share. But, for now, I'm going to try to enjoy this last day at home with both kids. The key word in that sentence is "TRY" because they're fighting, fussing, and generally bugging the crap out of each other. That's right, Monday will NOT be here soon enough.

So, there it is -- my first post of 2009. I promise more pictures in the future. I promise more consistent posts. And, most of all, I promise to continue to walk you through my insane life as I do my best to simplify it!

What more can a girl do?
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you the full year beofre, but I'll bet you lived up to your resolution more than you gave yourself credit for.

Don't be so hard on yourself!

I think we all need to simplify...Life has become too complicated...and too fast.

10:39 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hahahahha! when i wrote my post, i thought at least i didnt go out and buy wood letters...after a few years i would have letters all over the place

12:14 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i think that i first started reading your blog at the start of last year or something...i remember seeing your post about simplifying and the decoration you bought. i saw another one kinda like that recently and thought of you ;-) it's not a bad resolution to make EVERY year!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Let's see - simplify by running the Buddy Walk . . . AGAIN????? I'm thinking you need more than just a short break with DH . . .

12:11 AM  
Blogger Hilah said...

siblings never get on each others nerves, do they?

12:42 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you even got to resuse the picture , didnt you? how green of you.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Here, here to simplify!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree your idea ! very nice blog

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home