This is My "Real" Blog: Pictures


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Pictures

I posted earlier today, and was going to add these pictures to that post and call it "edited" but I decided, instead, to have just a post with some Christmas shots. So, here we go. They are in the order that you see them. . .not necessarily chronological:

Here is Lori (my sister) opening the present that I made for she and Chris. It's a rag quilt. I made a similar one for Steve & Bettie (Mark's brother and sister in law).

Here are Steve and Bettie and their quilt:

Along with some very cute Santa PJs, Caroline received an indoor/outdoor trampoline. Here's her look of delight at "jumping" on it. . .


And, there's always time to re-decorate the tree, if necessary.


They really are cute pajamas, aren't they?


While Lori's family was visiting, we went to the Christmas show at Country Tonite theater. We got to see Mike Caldwell play his harmonica. (Caroline listens intently for him)


We got to hear Kevin Wilson sing, "Angels Among Us" while the kids were on stage. Yes, that *is* Caroline sitting with Mark to Kevin's left.


At another point in the show, he sang a song about a girl being his Mistletoe Sweetheart. And yes, he came to our row -- and sang directly to Caroline. It was precious.

No show at Country Tonite is complete without Bubba. Here we met Bubba Claus. And yes, Bubba Claus's reindeer are named after NASCAR drivers. I loved that part!


I encourage you, if you're in our area sometime, to see the Country Tonite show. Even if you're not a huge fan of country music, you will enjoy the singing, dancing, and really cool costumes. They usually do a patriotic set (makes me cry) and a religious set. It's a great show!

Now, some random pics of my family. . . beginning with my nephew, Andrew.


Most of you should recognize Thing 1 and Thing 2 (otherwise known as Edison and my nephew, Daniel)
My precious Caroline and niece Becca -- who had just finished up "building" some new friends at Build-a-Bear. Caroline's bunny is named Maria, and Becca's bear is named Felicity (because she's Fabulous!)

Then there's some of the rest of us. Here you see my sister Lori (left) and Daniel playing the "Office" trivia game that we gave Daniel for Christmas. I believe this was the round that I won. Not that I'm bragging. . . .

And this would be my brother in law, Chris, who was either weary from losing the game, or from me taking pictures. You decide.


And there you have, in about 11 pictures, some highlights from our holiday season!!
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had fun!

3:59 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Bubba Claus? om my gravy you folks really do live in the south? we gave k-belle the office trivia game for christmas, we had fun!!!! and i am gooooood at it.... not as good as the girl but still good, and my precious baby girl on the trampoline???? excellent almost and i say almost like dance lessons, but pretty darn close :)

4:33 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

http://biblicalspirituality.org/inserts.html

check this site out for simplfying...

5:02 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

those jammies are too stinkin' cute! :-) LOVE the rag quilts!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Oh, no - now everybody will know that my "receding hairline" gave up walking and took a train.

Thanks again for the quilt!

6:37 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you are kidding right? a series of books? that is my only clue?

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so in love with your daughter that it HURTS. Trying not to be jealous of how AWESOME she is, cuz my Henry is awesome, too, but she just does SO MUCH. I love the jumping trampoline bit and those jammies are fabulous.
The guy singing to Caroline is amazing, too.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I love the pictures. It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. Those quilts turned out great. I'll have to get the pattern to make a rag quilt.
I hope we make it to your area again some time soon and if we do I would love to go see the Country Tonite show, it looks like something I would really enjoy.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home