This is My "Real" Blog: I am COLD!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I am COLD!

I am.
Really cold.
Almost shivering cold.



That's my wannabe winter haiku.
You're welcome.

And yes, I know there is actually a formula for haiku, and I didn't even come close.
Sue me.

It's cold here.

I was reminded, on Facebook tonight, that it is colder in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota (Hey Jules!!). But, for little Seymour, TN -- it's cold. Twenty-nine degrees. Other than that, there aren't a whole lot more exciting things to write about.

I did make a new whole wheat bread recipe last night. . . and this is 100% whole wheat (no white flour added). It's really good. Kinda dense. Kinda "hippie good" bread. I like it a lot.

I also made a pot of chili last night -- for tonight's supper. Totally awesome way to go. Giving it that night to sit and meld together was the best. And, because it's low in fat and high in fiber -- I can eat a good-size portion of it.

So, that's about it for this evening. Oh? Did you know that 9 Scooby Doo Graham Cracker Dog Bones only count for three (3) WW points? The crackers are good -- I just always feel like I'm feeding my children dog food (literally) when I give them the crackers. But, they are seriously good snacks.

Tomorrow is going to be one bizarre day. I am really grateful to be able to stay home tomorrow night. Here's why:

8:00 - Edison goes to school (Caroline is out tomorrow)
11:30 - Caroline's pacemaker call-in check
12:45 - Caroline's haircut appointment
1:00 - Staff meeting at church - Caroline's coming along (whoo hoo!)
3:00 - Pick Edison up from school
3:15 - Meeting to help our committee for his school's accreditation
5:00 - Mark gets off work

Now, add in there that I'll be making lunch for C & me, and dinner for the fam. I'll also work out, do some laundry, and (hopefully) clean our bathrooms. So, after all of that. . . I'm gonna crash. Big time.

So, in the spirit of preparing for tomorrow, and all its excitement -- I'm signing off and heading to bed. I will probably work a little more on the quilt. I'm getting close to finishing it.

Once it's done, I need to finish Mom & Dad's table runner. Then, I have a few other projects that I've begun that I want to finish. That's a goal for me this year -- to finish some of my unfinished projects. That, and catch up on my scrapbooking. (And since I'm two years behind in both the family book and Caroline's book -- the likelihood of that happening is quite small!)

See ya later!!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i lvoed this post. I am feeling so crafty these days i love craft and project lists... maybe i knew Caroline had a pacemaker but i didnt think about it, and i got all teary thinking of that tiny precious body holding a pacemaker... teary nad brimming over with lvoe , please hold her extra tight once today just for me... as if i were there able to drop in, and snuggle, smell the skin of her neck, okay, please? and then remember you are so dear to me... as I think of you in your extreme winter conditions. My car didnt start yesterday with our wind chill temp of -40. Makes no diif whether C or F, at -40 the two scales meet. :) hey did oyu see my other girl is blogging... add her to you side bar... I am adding her to mine !!!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm getting ready to add her right now. Everyone read Melinda's blog. She's Beth's daughter!!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

thank yew!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boohoohooooooooo. 29 degrees. It's barely freezing there. It's -40 again here. Wanna come visit Beth and me in Canada NOW? hahaha

Oh, and I was thinking you had resorted to eating dog treats. Scared me for a second there!

Hugs,

Melly :)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it is going to be -26 below and wind chill of -50, I'd love your balmy 29 :) We'd be wearing shorts, heh.

In fact, we have a cold day tomorrow - no school.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Well we are quite warm here compared to the other comments we had -11° this morning. I think I'm going to see if Jim wants to move south...anything above 20° is looking pretty good right about now.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home