This is My "Real" Blog: I'm Back, my Peeps


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm Back, my Peeps

Ya'll certainly know how to make a girl feel like she's been missed. It's true. . . I'm back -- but there's a lot to do today. So this inaugural post will be brief. (See what I did there?)

Right now, Child #1 is doing homework at the kitchen table -- sulking all the while. The sulking is not undeserved. . .but neither is the reason for the banishment to the kitchen. (Sigh)

Child #2 is running through the house in pink PJs with moose socks (Thanks, Auntie Beth!) and singing along with the Wigggles, as they croon, "Waggsie loves to Shake Shake!"

I know. . . you envy the glamour that is my life.

Envy this. . . .Caroline had five consecutive snow days this week, and we only had snow on one day. That's right -- she was out of school last Friday because of cold weather, and didn't go back to school until yesterday.

I was never so happy to see a yellow school bus in my life. I love both my kids with every fiber of my being -- but I like my "ME" time -- even if it's just going to the office for a few hours without the worry of Edison babysitting at home. (He's actually gotten pretty good at it)

So, I'm back. I survived.




I cheated (a bit).

Confession time: Although I didn't blog, I did read blogs during my alloted 15 minutes of internet time (2x a day). I was online for work -- and watched FB (staying offline, of course) because some of my worship team members use it for communication. But, not commenting on blog entries, and not chasing down links online, and not looking for craft ideas on Etsy??

That was torture.

Steve -- your post on my behalf was hilarious. Mark and I both loved it.
Joni -- I love your new layouts
Melany -- seriously, who is your anonymous commenter?
Jeannette -- I need your new blog addy.
Judy -- your pictures (as always) are wonderful. I'm going to try the blueberry cake w/Splenda
Beth -- I want a full-size copy of that picture of Jenni and Leila. It's a beauty!!
Katherine -- I missed the Office, but we taped it. Hillary Swank IS hot!
Laura (c) -- the afghan is for Laura & Kweku (sorry!)
L & K -- Your baby is going to be GORGEOUS!!! Send me your reg. address, please?!?
Laura D. -- The only vinyl albums I think we still have are James Taylor's Greatest Hits and Elton John's "Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road" (And maybe a stray Patridge Family album).
Sylvie -- I'm proud of you making lots and lots of beads!! (And, I missed you, too!)

And to everyone else who blogs, or just reads, or Facebooks. . . I'll do this again, because it was good for me. But, I may just "fast" from one facet at a time.

I did, however, read TWO books!! In the first two days, I read the "Yada Yada Prayer Group" books (1 & 2) and I'm ready for volumes 3-6. Fun books. I've described them as "Desperate Housewives Goes to Women of Faith" (And having never seen Desperate Housewives, I'm just making a stab there!)

I also started a third book, "Eat, Pray, Love" which is a very interesting introspective look into one woman's search for serenity. I don't necessarily agree with all her viewpoints, but her insights are pretty good.

Okay -- I said it'd be short. I promise I'll write more later. I really do need to clean my house.




Does it show? I've missed you.
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and we missed you, my friend....

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jeannette said...

I've missed you, too! And I'm sorry, but I have to say.... I'm so glad that I don't go to your church! lol

I didn't realize you're an Office fan. Josiah & I have a Thurs. night ritual of The Office then 30 Rock. Interesting mother/son bonding time, but it works.

Anyway, have a splendiferous day! Oh yeah, my new addy is: justjeannettelovingandlearning.blogspot.com

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angie! It's great to have you back... I have missed you!

[Hope this comment doesn't post twice... something weird happened the first time I tried to send it.]

2:23 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

So glad to see you posting again, at least for now.
I missed you my friend :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Welcome back! And this is really me, not you channeling through me (although if you controlled my fingers, I'd never know what you wrote until you released me. Oh, the ambiguity!).

6:15 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

it makes me feel a little bit better about my own cheating to know that you were online a little bit too. all this time i was sitting here thinking "i bet angie has been a regular unplugged saint while i'm over here smuggling facebook in during naptime!"

i did enjoy the moderation though. it has done me some serious good and i plan to keep it up :-D

12:48 AM  
Blogger Hilah said...

I kept wondering why I didn't run into the usual morning traffic when I drove to JBC everyday this week and why Starbucks was constantly filled with highschoolers! I guess I know now...if there is one snowflake on the ground anywhere school needs to be closed!

9:56 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

is it clean yet?

10:29 AM  
Blogger Perri said...

Yea!! Glad to read your first blog back into the telecommunications world. I have missed it this week...

6:39 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I'm so glad you are back! It's not the same without you. :)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home