This is My "Real" Blog: Need to Make Space on our Award Shelf


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Need to Make Space on our Award Shelf

Mark & Angie. . .
Parents of the Year

For the last three weeks or so, we've known that Caroline had an upcoming field trip to Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. Seriously. If you're in the area, it's a very nice aquarium--you should go!! We've been a couple of times. Really like it -- and the tax benefits to my fellow Sevier County residents is unbelieveable. Come spend money here -- we love you!!

Anywhoo, the date of her field trip was January 29. But, for some reason, Mark and I both (independently, mind you) decided that today was the 29th. That's right. We were all psyched about her going to the aquarium today -- I even woke up to tell her to "have a good time!" this morning as Mark was taking her out to the bus.




. . . she went yesterday.

When you hand us the "Parents of the Year" award, we'll put it on the shelf next to the one we got when Edison broke his collar bone at age 3, and we still don't know how it happened.











. . . Yep, we're that good!

sigh.

Happy weekend, everyone! Enjoy the Super Bowl. We're getting together with our small group, and watching it. One friend is from P-burgh (Hey Barry & Kathy!) and I hate to say it, but I won't be cheering for the same team as them. I've got this thing about Kurt Warner. Maybe you've heard about it, too? (No, it's not because he's such a hottie -- although, he is easy on the eyes) You can read about it here. You may have read the email going around about Kurt -- I did. To me, it makes no difference whether his son has Down syndrome, or not. The fact that he (KW) is a loving, Christian father makes him someone for whom to cheer.

Bottom line: One team is gonna win. I'm going for the Cardinals this year!

Enjoy the Super Bowl. . .and just think, in two weeks? It's Daytona, baby!!
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

We had hoped our munchkin would be up to a small group Superbowl party. He was diagnosed last night with croupe by the on-call nurse, and Dr. Harsh confirmed it this morning. He's contagious until fever free for 24 hours. This is gonna be a fun weekend around our house. I'll keep you posted.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

I'll be sure to hit you up for parenting advice! ;)

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oldest niece is down there celebrating with the team. Her best friend's father is AZ's Quarterback coach. A VERY NICE AND GOOD MAN...

I texted her to get Kurt's autograph... LOL!

he is a cutie, isn't he!

GO CARDS!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

Great post, Angie! I can't necessarily relate to forgetting the field trip, but I have forgotten so many other things. I'm right there with ya!

2:39 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

As my niece says, "AWSHUM".

I love the aquarium, by the way.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I'd nominate you any day.
M :)

1:01 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

my question is does this aquarium have two headed fish... is this ripley as in ripleys believe it or not ripleys?

and did she miss the field trip... i mean just because you wished her well a day late she still got to go right?

12:10 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and i guess my award would be
Beth- top super bowl fan... because we missed the super bowl as we were driving back but i was quietly rooting for tennessee tto win since that was your state... *sighs* i was so disappointed when melinda called and said Pitt won... until i got home and Tony told me he had been rootng for Az... then i was merely confused

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home