This is My "Real" Blog: Update -- and an explanation


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update -- and an explanation

Okay, I didn't get two things accomplished last night, but I have a good reason.

1) I intended to put links for my two favorite restaurants -- Aubrey's and Puleo's Grille -- on the blog last night. I remembered after I hit "publish," and was in the midst of updating them. ..

2) I didn't hit any blogs like I had intended. . .


BECAUSE........

Caroline woke up with croup last night -- about 11:36 or so. I stayed up with her until about 3:15 this morning. Mark took her outside for the obligatory "walk in the cold arctic air" while I called the on-call nurse.

This morning, she's not running a fever, and we've already spent 20 minutes in a steamy bathroom (the nurse's choice for home treatment over being outside).

The doctor's office opens in 18 minutes. I'll call them as soon as they open, attempt to get her in for an appointment, and watch how my week unfolds in a completely different manor than I had thought/hoped/expected.

. . . they call it parenthood.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

we do both the steamy bathroom and cold winter air for croup, in that order. always seems to help! i got an early morning wake up call from a puked-upon hubby this morning...i feel your parenthood pain!!!\

"retubble" is my word verification...makes me laugh!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Oh man do I remember times like this...I wouldn't hold my breath if I had something planned, because if I did I would be holding it for a long time.
Good luck at the doctors.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhhhhh...croup....sickness in general! BLECH!!!!!! Hope she gets better quick-like!

Love n prayers!!!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh yuck! I hate that feeling when they wake up with that croupy cough. I hope "C" gets to feeling better soon. What did the doctor say today? I'm assuming you were able to get her in to see them...since they are usually so good about that. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you guys out.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

'Snot fair, and 'snot fun. Hope you're all doing better (because it affects everybody, even if they're not sick).

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home