This is My "Real" Blog: 20 Years in 7 Hours? Totally worth it!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

20 Years in 7 Hours? Totally worth it!

This morning, while perusing Facebook, I noticed that some college friends were in our local area.  I kinda knew they were heading our way, but they were even closer than I'd thought.

Next thing I know, the secretary informs me that  "John & Lisa Gilpin" are here to see me.

My friends, it had been 20 years since I saw them last.  It was like time had stood still.

Lisa and I traveled together during college -- on a recruiting team.  We sang in a mixed quartet ("mixed" being the keyword) and earned a large percentage of our tuition by recruiting students to come to Milligan College.

Years passed.  I'd heard that they were in Colorado.  Then, I heard Texas.  Recently, through Facebook, I learned that they were in Indiana -- where most Milligan alumni hail from, or return to after graduation.

This week, they're spending time at a timeshare in Gatlinburg.  But this morning, and then tonight, they were at Chez Aubrey.  We had a great dinner (even invited my parents) and spent seven hours catching up on old times.  We pulled out yearbooks, scrapbooks, and told all sorts of stories.  

It was bliss.  Even though my Paula Deen Cream Cheese Pound Cake fell.  And, my pork roast nearly didn't cook long enough.

It was utter bliss.  I ate food that's not good for my diet.  I laughed at stories I hadn't heard in years.  I got a chance to share Caroline's story with people who just met her for the first time.  And I got to hug two people that meant a lot to me during my college years. 

. . . I honestly cannot think of a better way to spend a Tuesday, can you?


p.s. Sylvie -- you're next on my list!
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just picking up where you left off is great. Makes those 20 years melt away...

5:31 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i really loved this post, you are one of my fave writers! really enjoyed it

7:21 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

That's awesome. I'm so glad you had a good time...who cares about the pork roast almost not getting cooked long enough. Spending time with friends you haven't seen in 20 years is awesome.

Have a great Wednesday. Daytona's in 4 days.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

That is SO awesome. I'm going to have to go pull out my yearbooks to see who they are! I recognize the names but can't quite find the faces...

9:04 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

"Blest be the tie that binds"

Congratulations on a good reunion. And I bet the pork roast and pound cake all disappeared anyway . . .

6:41 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Fantastic! I hope I can be on that list one day!
M :)






Word verification: heate

2:38 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Oh man, I haven't been by in so long. What an awesome night.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home