This is My "Real" Blog: Can you hear that? Seriously. Listen.....


Angie's Blog!

Friday, February 06, 2009

Can you hear that? Seriously. Listen.....

I'm sitting at my little computer hutch/desk thingie.
Caroline's getting her hair dried back in my bathroom. (Mark does the bathtime routine)
Edison is asking for help cutting the last of science fair exhibit pieces (it's due Monday)

And. . . .
The phone isn't ringing.
The dishwasher isn't running (yet).

If you quiet yourself, just for a minute, you can hear it. . . . shhhh. . . there it is.



The boys are practicing and doing some initial quailfying at Daytona. That's right -- it's just one week away. What's just one week away? The Daytona 500, you silly goose.

I know, I know. . .for many of you, NASCAR evokes images of skoal-dipping, stained-Tshirt wearing rednecks howling like wildlife as Dale Earnhardt's #3 car (may he Rest in Peace) is monumentalized to the tune of a Jodee Messina ballad.

It's not that bad, really. But, I've missed watching my favorite race car driver since the final race in November. What? You cannot remember who is my favorite? I'm happy to remind you. Here he is. . . .

It's Jeff Burton, driving the #31 car for Richard Childress Racing. He's got a new ride this year. No longer driving the AT&T car, he's in the CAT car. NASCAR trivia buffs might enjoy the fact that about six or seven years ago, his older brother, Ward Burton, drove the #22 CAT car. I'll have to accustom myself to watching for black & yellow, instead of bright orange, white, and baby blue. Trust me. . . I'll adjust.

So, if you'll excuse me, I'm exhausted from a busy day that began by baking lasagna at 8 a.m. I worked a pretty much full day to make up for the copious snow days that plagued us earlier this week. And then, after working and picking up children, I had to deliver said meal that I began cooking at 8 a.m. And yes, of course, making dinner for my family had to be done, as well.

We had spaghetti. Much easier than lasagna.

So, with that, I'm outta here. I've got me some qualifying to watch, and I have some projects to finish up this weekend -- including Gooner's afghan. (tee hee) And, we've got a full weekend to boot. I may even get a little scrapbooking done. . . we'll see. It's been ages. I think I remember how to do it!

Oh and one last dealio??? Please join me in wishing my Milligan buddies (and fellow bloggers) Laura and Sylvie a happy birthday. It's actually tomorrow. These two women are definitely cut out from different cloths -- but they are amazing, wonderful women who love their families fiercely, and inspire me by their friendship. (Even if said friendship endured a 20-year hiatus before Facebook reunited us!)

Happy Birthday, girls. I love ya!
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

I may actually watch NASCAR this year... you make it seem like i ammissing something BIG, love you

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I **LOVE** spaghetti!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww, thanks for the kind words and birthday wishes, Angie :) I have really enjoyed getting to know you again on Facebook and through your blog!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Vroom!!!!!!!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Barry didn't realize that the shootout was tonight. Needless to say we will be watching Nascar in this house tonight. Have a great day!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

GAH! Nascar makes my head hurt.

But I still think you rock! :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

You still amaze me with your love of NASCAR :)

7:39 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i watched i dont remeber what exactly isaw but iw atched and went ooooh a few times, and there were some cuties too, within a few years i will be able to shout "stupd ref." ooops wrong sportm but at least i am calling it a sport now :)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home