This is My "Real" Blog: It's Ash Wednesday


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Ash Wednesday

Even though I don't typically celebrate Ash Wednesday in the traditional fashion. I am going to participate in Lent this year. Edison and I talked about what I would give up. I nearly decked him when he suggested I give up caffeine. That would be bad for everyone.

Here's what I've come up with. . .and I think it will be a good thing.

I'm giving up recreational computer time for Lent. (Mainly Facebook)

I'm going to update my blog, and read blogs each day (or, at least 3x per week). I am going to check Facebook once a day. I've already done it today--so I'm done until tomorrow. But, other than that, I'm going to focus the next 40 days on really using my free time wisely. I don't have a lot, so I plan to make the most of those precious hours each day/week.

I did this last night, without even realizing what I wanted to give up for Lent. I spent 3 hours in my bedroom -- sorting through unfinished stitching projects, and getting finished projects ready to be shipped off to places unknown. (Laura & Kweku -- I need an address!!!) I found a couple quilting projects that are nearly complete -- but need a few more hours of work.

I wrapped gifts. I threw away trash.

I just was. And it was good.

Have a lovely day -- I will try to post pictures from our National Pancake Day celebration last night. I used two of my Christmas gifts -- my new batter bowl, and my new griddle. It was lots of fun. However, not everyone participated in National Pancake Day -- because Caroline doesn't like pancakes. (Go figure)

She? Had a quesadilla -- her new epicurean obsession.

So there you have it. An update. A blog post.

Now, I've got to get back to work . . as I've said many times:

"These worship services don't plan themselves!"
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Bravo!

11:51 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

it will make a difference i know... go read k's blog about pancakes and yesterday... she is funny, although not a Baptist... so i dont know why she said that

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave up diet cokes.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home