This is My "Real" Blog: Done. . .Finished. . Finito


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Done. . .Finished. . Finito

I finished the hand quilting on Caroline's quilt. I posted about it here.

It's kinda embarrassing that it's taken nearly two years to complete it. Wait--let me be totally honest here.


I started hand-quilting this baby LOOOOOONG before I knew there would even *be* a Caroline.

That's right. I started hand-quilting this blanket on a mission trip that Mark and I helped lead back in 2003.

Five years.
If my head wasn't pounding so much, I'd calculate the months, days, hours, etc. But, I'm not that dedicated.

Needless to say, I am excited to be finished with this project. I have to still put on the binding, and wash it. But, I'll try to do that this evening.

For now, I have another buh-jillion projects to finish. I just wanted to share my joy that I'd finally finished this hand-quilting project. I'm sure there are more to come. Sigh.

It really is an enjoyable hobby. It's just time-consuming.

Last night was a marathon cooking/baking event for me. Beginning about 3:45 yesterday afternoon, I made:

2 loaves of honey whole wheat bread
2 loaves of banana bread
1 batch of no-bake cookies
1 batch of homemade meat sauce (for lasagna)
1 batch of tuna salad
1 pan of lasagna
1 small pan of tuna casserole (in the freezer)

Yeah, I was exhausted by the time it was all over.

And? For those of you keeping track, Mark definitely saved money by shopping at WalMart. He added a few things to my list (which included meat, but no diapers) and spent around $85. The only thing on my list that he couldn't find was bread flour. And, he added a few boxes of frozen entrees AND a box of Life Cereal (and batteries) to the list. So, until we hear otherwise, we are going to do the bulk of our grocery shopping at WalMart.

Sigh. I hate shopping enough already -- now I have to add a 15-minute drive to the mix. Oh well. I suppose our family's survival in tough times is worth those 30 minutes, eh?

Okay, with that, I am outta here. I have Season #2 of the Office (DVD) here with me -- and the two of us (DVDs & me) are headed to my bedroom where I hope to be lulled to sleep by bad jokes and awkward silences. Oh, and "Ryan Started the Fi-Uh!"

Blessings!
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no-bake cookies... those yummy chocolate peanut butter cow patties?

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Injury -- that totally cracks me up!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Lois, you forgot the oats in the cow patties.

But yes, it's them. I know them well.

Never thought of them as "cow patties", but it won't stop me from eating them.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I started doing the bulk of my shopping at Wal-Mart a while back, but ours doesn't have all the amenities of a grocery store. No fresh produce or meats. But all that other stuff I definitely go there for first. Mind you, my whole town could probably fit in your neighbourhood, so the drive is miniscule compared to yours. I bet you'll find it becomes worth it anyway!

Glad you finished the quilt; what an awesome marathon project to be finished!

Enjoy yourself watching that weird show. Sweet dreams!

Love Melly :)

12:37 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

in Florida I did my most of my shopping at walmart it was great, selection and price... here (Thunder Bay) like in Dryden (Melany's digs) the wal-mart isn't a "superstore" but man the prices are amazing... totally...I remmber that quilt... makes me feel all squishy that we have been hanging together that long

7:04 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

There's hope for me yet with the quilt I started about 4 1/2 years ago when our #4 son joined the Army....no-bakes, the ultimate favorite in our house.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Do you still need my address? I have a feeling I will relate to you in relation to the Wiggles in the near future.

Congrats on finished your project! Doesn't it feel gooooooooooood!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home