This is My "Real" Blog: Pic-tures!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pic-tures!

My dear friend, Pete Smith, used to utter this phrase in a desperate-whine, while holding his hands up above his head. It was usually uttered after someone talked about a topic which left the listeners with disturbing "pictures" in their minds.

And so, to this day, whenever a conversation heads down a path that leads to disturbing images, someone (usually my Dad) is bound to utter, "Pic-tures!"

However, these "Pic-tures!!!" are ones that I have promised for a long time, and am just now getting around to posting. Here goes:

This is the quilt on which I am working. I bought it at an antique store a couple years ago. I believe that it was hand-pieced, so I am hand-quilting it. This will not be a quick process. I'm not amish.


This is Caroline admiring said quilt. She will, one day, inherit this. Like. . . the day after I finish it. As long as she's short, it will be the perfect size for her!


These are the samplers that hang on either side of my french doors which lead to the sun room. Unfortunately, between the glare of the glass, and the fact that it is 8:15 p.m., they're not the greatest pictures in the history of photography.



This is my daughter being cheesy. 'Nuff said.


This is my daughter preparing for yet another boat ride. She enjoys it, until the boat starts moving. Oy.



Here are "the boys" that I so lovingly blogged about last week. From left to right, you see Edison, Daniel, and Andrew. It would not be right to post Caroline pics without an Edison pic or two.

[And yes, that is my killer potato salad directly in front of Edison! The Oriental Slaw is just to the right of the KPS (Killer Potato Salad) Thanks for asking!]


And, I believe, this is the picture you've all begged for.....even if you didn't put it in writing. This is yours truly on her maiden voyage out on the French Broad River. I really did enjoy it. . .but I was petrified of the docking and un-docking procedures. Smooth as silk, my dears. Smooooooooooth.

Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

Did you get your dinner out??

The quilt is colorful and just the right size for Caroline. Is she healthy today? Hope so!

It's nice to see a picture of Edison. Caroline is such a 'show-stealer'... such a little drama queen.

I read most of a book today and ripped out my upside down purse and cut some pieces that I had to replace. It may make 'the blog' tomorrow or the next day.

Off to bed early tonight so I have lots of sewing time tomorrow.
Joni

11:47 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

YEY * clapping hands* woohoo! A feast for the eyes. Princess is gorgeous, always have to even the balance and put one in of our boys....the salad...and then YOU! Go Angie! TFS...great to see. Really great!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray for Pic-tures...wait...that isn't the right context...hooray for pictures! (there it is) TFS, and look at you go!!! YAY!

9:55 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Caroline is SUCH a princess!

I love the quilt too. Gorgeous. I wish I was talented.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

You look HOTTT Angie!

Be sure to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte this fall at your NEW SUPER COOL Starbucks!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Angie - I'm always a bit terrified in our boat! I don't mind the getting in and out, it's the being on the sea frightens me! Lovely to 'see' you better. I must try your killer potato salad. I'm going to. Tomorrow. xx

1:35 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

completely cracked me up... witht eh caroline and quilt comments... hey angie i love you totally and again with the quilt-guilt... i am so poetic, witty whatever... but seriously katherine glanced at your blog yesterday and said... she quilts for her kids... yeah and i do nothing...

1:37 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

one last thought probably the most important thought, angie, this post made me want to live in your house... (you better tell mark now)or at least down the street, worshipping with you on sundays, pouring into the lives of your kids... swapping recipes...

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home