This is My "Real" Blog: Maybe it's the bread-baking. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Maybe it's the bread-baking. . . .

I have no idea. I have been more creative the past couple of days than ever! I got 12 pages of (regular) scrapping done yesterday afternoon. That was awesome. But, even after accomplishing that, I wanted to do more. So, what did I do?

I nearly drove myself crazy last night, making two loaves of whole wheat bread, and two loaves of zucchini bread. (I figured the oven was hot--and since it's scorching outside, I took advantage of a warm oven)

Anyway, I digress. . .

After getting both batches of bread baked, Mark and I entertained my sister and her family--they hadn't seen the new house yet. Becca and Caroline played in the sun room. That was really sweet.

While they played, the rest of us laughed. Mostly at my nephew Daniel. He is really turning out to be a fun young man. I look forward to watching him grow more and more. I just want him to slow down. . . because once he's grown and gone, it won't be long until the same thing happens with Edison. (And here, I shudder!)

Today, I squeezed in a page or two while Caroline "supposedly" took a nap. In other words, she stayed in her bed -- and talked to herself for an hour and a half. Oh well, I tell myself that she was resting.

Tonight, we went out to dinner with my parents and Lori's family. We went to one of our favorites, "Aubrey's." I know. . . it just had to be our favorite restaurant. And no, we don't own it, or own stock in it. It's a great restaurant.

I had the grilled salmon. Not something I would normally order, but the menu had many rich, delectable choices. The grilled salmon, caesar salad, and burgundy mushrooms just seemed like the best choice. It was good.

When we finished eating, we popped over to Target. Seriously, could there be a better store?! I worry, and Mark should worry even more, if they build one within 10 miles of us. Right now, the closest Target is 25 miles away.

We bought Edison a few new navy blue polo shirts (school) and a pair of khaki pants. You have to love that private school wardrobe. We also managed to find a few things for Caroline. But, that's not the best part:

I bought a shirt for myself.

To most of you, this probably seems like a silly thing to mention. However, for the last 5-6 years, I have not been able to find clothes at Target in my size. After losing nearly 40 pounds (since last Fall) I was finally able to find a shirt.

Now, mind you, they have extended sizes in the plus size department at Target. But even with that, I bought a shirt. And my friends, the shirt is cute. . .and it only cost $15. I'll probably wear it to work tomorrow.

It just made my day. . .and it gives me more motivation to keep losing weight. One of these days, I'll be able to buy pants, dresses, skirts, and even more at Tar-jay. But for now, I'm going to enjoy this little tunic shirt that made my Tuesday night!

I came home tonight, and scrapped 5 or 6 more pages. I've gotten our family book caught up to last fall. I need to get Caroline's book caught up. In her book, she hasn't turned two, yet. I'm really behind.

It's just good to feel creative again. I guess it's the simplest things. Baking bread. Washing dishes. Laughing with family. Buying new t-shirts.

Those are the things that spark my creativity. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I want some of whatever you are on! You go girl! Can we some the fruits of your efforts? And BTW...with Hugh we used to call them "play rests" - they worked for me! My girl still sleeps solid...but now I realise that is because of her sleep problems. Oh well.....take care ....

2:32 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yay Angie!! Big cheer from over here! There was a new show on last night called Cook Yourself Thin, which I think you would have enjoyed. It was all about cooking one's favourite dishes in a more healthy way. I'll check out the website and if it's any good I'll give you the URL. They were making roast chicken last night. They SAID it was 369 cals, but that might have been the baby's portion!! hehe

3:36 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Rockin' Girl... where is your award? You need to post it... and especially to celebrate 'that blouse'. I know what a milestone things like that can be! Congrats to you and your wise choices. May you have a postive effect on a lot of us out here.
Joni

8:41 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Super-congratulations!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hero! Weigh to go!! (sorry -- couldn't resist) Jake turned 13 yesterday and in his book I'm on year 8, I think. I need a serious week of only scrapping (probably more like a month)! Next month Sam will be driving -- by himself! UGH! They do grow up too fast. They're turning out pretty darn good though. Well, Yeah You!!! Your success motivates me! Hey -- we're going to be in your neck of the woods next June with my inlaws -- some place in the mountains (you know the place, right?:-) More to come on that. Enjoy your new shrit! Love ya! Julaine

9:26 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hooray Angie!!!! Can I have some of your juju? I need to lose weight AND get creative...writer's block...sigh.

So excited for you!!

9:12 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I love Aubrey's too. :)

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home