This is My "Real" Blog: Baking Bread


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Baking Bread

I forgot how therapeutic it is to have bread baking. I have a wonderful Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe that I've been making for the past 10 years. I've got a batch going in the kitchen right now. Soon the house will smell wonderful. . .after it rises, of course.

Caroline and I are home today. It's quiet. Edison is at a guitar lesson with Grandpa and his cousin, Daniel. They should be home sometime after lunch. Then, he has football practice later this afternoon.

Tomorrow is (drumroll, please) the beginning of tax-free weekend for school supplies here in TN. This was a campaign promise that our infamous governor made prior to his first term in office. Now that he's heading out - after his second term - he finally decided to enact his promise. Last year, we bought the laptop on tax-free weekend. This year, however, we're sticking to the basics: khaki shorts & polo shirts, notebooks, pencils, and crayons.

Caroline already has a lunchbox. I kind of miss having to buy one for Edison. That was always the highlight of my back-to-school shopping. I believe some of my previous lunchboxes were "Partridge Family" or "Family Affair" boxes. One year, I think I had an "H.R. Puff'n'Stuff" lunch box. That English guy with the talking flute in his pocket was cute.

So, I'm off to heat up the oven. I wish you were here. We'd have delicious bread and (real) butter for lunch. Of course, I'd have that "Smart Balance" stuff that is good for your heart. But, it would be really good.
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

so i read too fast and i thought you were buying family affair lunch boxes for edison, and thought i really need to have a talk with Angie, saddling her boy with that lunch box, because after all i had one of those a million years ago...ah ha, the light bulb springs on...

3:37 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

LOL oh Angie!~ hhmmmm I can smell it from here .... yum-oh! And thank you for the trip down memory lane....now I am singing H R PuffnStuff....wasn't the flute always crying out "Jimmy?". You are too funny girl....go enjoy your bread!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I loved H R PuffnStuff, too. And now I shall make you sad. That boy was Jack Wild and he died not too long ago. Too much, too young.
Fizzy and Lexie just made 'pizza' for their breakfast (oh, if only I had known!) and are now eating it. (It's not that bad actally) xx

5:11 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I so wish I were there for the bread (and the company of course)...

Now I'm off to write to our politicians about a tax-free weekend...LOL...NOTHING here is tax-free!

Melly :)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home