This is My "Real" Blog: The Boys are Back in Town


Angie's Blog!

Monday, July 30, 2007

The Boys are Back in Town

. . .and Becca, too.

Yesterday, my mom drove to Middletown, OH, to meet my sister and pick up her three kids. Daniel (16), Andrew (13), and Becca (6 1/2). They have officially "landed" at Grandma's house, and my kids couldn't be more excited.

Edison and Daniel have a neat friendship. I keep worrying that one of these days, Edison is going to be out-grown by his older cousin. But so far, that hasn't happened. Daniel has a great (still-growing) sense of humor. It's actually fun to have him sit at the adult table for dinner!

When we left Mom & Dad's house tonight, Daniel and Edison were somewhere on the farm--we could hear them laughing as we got in the car, but couldn't see them. It had been storming, so I assume that they knew enough to get under some shelter. One would hope, at least. . . .

Dinner was great. Mom made grilled chicken (okay, Dad and Mark made it). But, we also had baked potatoes and I made a broccoli casserole. (Paula Deen's recipe. . .it was good) I embellished Paula's recipe by adding a jar of sliced mushrooms (YUM) and used fat-free mayonnaise in the recipe. I'm doing what I can to keep losing weight--even if it means desecrating a broccoli casserole! ; )

Tonight, I have to make an egg casserole for Mark's work tomorrow. They're having a retirement/relocation breakfast for a couple of the guys that he has worked with for the past 8 years. It won't be the same--not having them there at work when we go for a visit, but change is part of life.

So, as I finish this entry, I need to go get my jammies on, and get ready to start cooking. It's going to feel (sort of) like Thanksgiving Eve. This is the breakfast casserole I always make the night before Thanksgiving. I'm not nearly ready for it to be that late in the year, so I'm really glad that it's just the end of July. There's still lots to do, and I feel like time is slipping away very rapidly.

I hope your Monday was a good one. It was rainy here, but with the drought, I felt totally the opposite of Karen Carpenter's song. In fact, I celebrated every drop of rain that fell! What a blessing.

Until tomorrow. . . .
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I want to hear more about the broccoli casserole...that one sounds yum also.....still salivating!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Hi Angie,
Sounds like you had a good day... hope so. Your food all sounds yummy! I'll email you in the morning.
Joni

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home