This is My "Real" Blog: I've Been Tagged


Angie's Blog!

Monday, July 16, 2007

I've Been Tagged

My sweet new friend Kate has tagged me. I believe this meme is just to name seven (7) interesting things about yourself. I like doing these things, and I don't like them at the same time, because sometime things surface that are not fun. But, in the sincere spirit of getting to know each other better, I think we should go for it. And by "we," I'm referring to me and the five people I've 'tagged' below.

1. I can say the alphabet backwards - quite rapidly. I guess this happened on lots of long car rides back and forth from So. Indiana when I was a girl. I had lots of idle time, so I used that time to my advantage. I can still do it.

2. I have a bizarre memory for phone numbers. My dad has the same gift. There are people at church who call me - rather than look up numbers in a directory - because I usually know the phone numbers. What can I say? It's a gift. . .? Not really.

3. I have only been in the hospital for an overnight stay twice. Edison & Caroline. Before I had Edison, I can only remember two visits to the hospital at all. Both were as results of accidents. One when I was very young - and needed stitches above (or below?) my eye, and the other was an ER visit after totaling my mom and dad's Toyota. (I still feel horrible about that)

4. After college, I was a telemarketer for a brief amount of time. I sold vinyl siding, replacement windows, and cabinet refacing services. The job was horrid. The pay was decent. The room was filled with smoke. . .as all my coworkers smoked like chimneys. I learned later that one of the girls in the "office" was actually dealing drugs through the office -- and the manager of the branch was in cahoots with her. Yikes. Thankfully, that job didn't last very long.

5. There is almost always a song running through my head. If I concentrate on it, I can change the song, and switch to something else. But often, depending on my mood, or my stress level, I cannot change the song.

6. If you see me in person, and you see my fingers moving. I'm either transcribing the conversation that's going on -- or, even scarier, I am playing the tune that's going through my head (see #5) on an imaginary keyboard. A lot of the time, I find myself trying to figure out the melody that's running through my head. I know. I know. I scare myself, too.

7. I am actually much more shy that I appear -- both online, and at work. At work, I am a worship leader of a church of 350-400 people. I am on stage all the time. . .and am very comfortable there. But, if I feel compelled to go meet someone new, I am most uncomfortable. And, although I come across (I hope) as very friendly online, I am very, very shy. Now, if I got the chance to meet some of my online friends in real life (IRL) I would absolutely jump at the chance. But, because we've already become "friends," I wouldn't have quite the shyness to overcome. But, I'd still tread water in deep waves of insecurity.

See. . . it's not always fun, or funny. But, these are some "interesting" things about me. I hope they seem as interesting to you as they did to me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to make my bed and fold laundry. I told you. . .I'm living the dream, my friends. Just living the dream.

Thanks for tagging me, Kate. I am now tagging:

Melany
Lori
Helen
Beth
Jane
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i will do this in GRand Marais... maybe you'll earn something new about me, and I plan to practice my alphabet backwars awhile driving today

10:31 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Hi Angie,
I was tagged too. I enjoyed reading your interesting facts... VERY interesting! I'm going to watch those fingers when I meet you... which I will one of these days.
Joni

11:28 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This is great Angie! So much fun to learn more about you. I could never think of that many things! I especially liked point no.6. - that's great! And of course I can relate most to the last point - not included - back to the beds and the laundry! Have a good night my friend!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Angie - I think you answered beautifully and with grace. I hope there was nothing that made you sad. I was very interested indeed (I hadn't realised you are a worship leader, for instance). I wish you lovely music today and every day. xx

7:18 AM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

We've been married for 17-1/2 years and I didn't know a single one of those things.

:)

....

10:03 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

What he said...

10:08 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

To my readers. . .I am only married to ONE man. Doug was just there the entire time. . and then some!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

wait...

you're married???

9:44 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Hey Angie,
Dummy here doesn't know what PR is, so if you want another turn you can have one. PR? PR? PR?
Clueless in Wisconsin.
Joni

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home