This is My "Real" Blog: I'm FREEEEEEEEE!


Angie's Blog!

Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm FREEEEEEEEE!

No more heavy metal for me, baby. I'm staple-free. The surgeon (Mr. Personality) released me this morning. He cautioned me not to move any couches. I assured him that was not a problem. He also gave me license to pick up Caroline, so I guess I really am free!

I do feel better--just knowing that I'm back to more of myself. Phew!

Edison survived football practice (5x this week) and is resting in his room. He and Caroline are going to church tonight. The Disability Ministry is sponsoring a "Parents' Night Out" for families. So, Mark and I may actually get a night out by ourselves. We were going to go see the new Robin Williams and John Krazinski movie, "License to Wed," but the critics are saying it really blows. So, I think we'll wait until it is out on video. There's a Middle Eastern restaurant downtown, and I think we're going to go there. Who knows?

Caroline's Mother's Day Out program is on break for a week. She's also out of school next week. Add those up, what do you get? No childcare next week. Thank goodness we have Brittany, our summer babysitter.

Well, that's about it for this cloudy and (sort of) rainy Friday afternoon. I baked those loaves of zucchini bread last night. . .total failure. The bread caved in after baking. Ticked me off.

I changed recipes, and made another two loaves after dashing to the grocery store for more flour, sugar, eggs, and baking powder & soda. Different recipe. Different results. The two loaves from late last night are gorgeous. Mark and I tasted them this morning, and they're delicious. He took the two "reject" loaves into work. They taste good--they're just a baking disaster. His co-workers tend to eat anything homemade, and they're very gracious. I love those guys!!

I tried to find out what happened. The internet "experts" said that too much moisture causes quick breads to rise and fall like that. So, on round #2, I "squoze" out the extra moisture from the zucchini. Whether it was the squeezing, or just a better recipe, I don't know. But there's no doubt: loaves #3 and #4 are excellent.

I've still got one more zucchini to use, and I suspect there are more in Dad's garden. Now that I have a good recipe, I can bake more bread and stick it in the freezer.

So, that's about it. I hope to finish the baby afghan. I'm on the border rows. I'm definitely in the home stretch. I still haven't photographed any SB pages, but that may have to wait until Caroline's nap time. Until then, I'm just going to enjoy my staple-less freedom. It feels gooooooooo-ooooood.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger They Cry Peace said...

Don't you know that if the critics hate it, it's worth owning? You go see it and tell me if I should buy it.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Chocolate zucchini cake. Very moist, very good. We used duck eggs in it - that may make a difference. No, I don't know how to convert duck eggs to supermarket eggs. Sorry.

12:28 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Congrats on getting the hardware removed! :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I laughed that your husband took the bread to work. That is so true... at workplaces people will eat anything. At my school the teachers are like starving hyenas. I've been retired for a year and I thought I'd lose weight just being away from there... ha! Not the case.
~Joni
My daughter lives in Phoenix, too. Do you go there to visit?

9:14 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Evan ALmighty,,, Angie, Evan Almighty....

4:27 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

YEY...*clapping hands* that is good news!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home