This is My "Real" Blog: Amazing


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Amazing

I swear sometimes. . . .if my grandfather was still alive, he'd be stunned at the ways technology has brought our world even closer together. I'm speaking of my Grandpa Knowles. . . my Poppa Heim lived a lot longer, so he saw modern conveniences. He even had a satellite dish in his yard for a while.

But my Grandpa Knowles would be stunned at technology. While I'm typing this, Duran Duran is performing LIVE at Wembley Stadium. And, I'm seeing it as it happens. And yes, I did tear up as Elton John opened the concert with "Your Song."

It's been a [rough] couple days since I've posted. Suffice it to say that I'm doing better. . .now. Not fun. But better.

Before Mark and Caroline left for church this morning, he sat her on the couch next to me. That was sweet. I wish I knew how she was taking all of this. I haven't held, or *really* hugged her since last Monday. She's not used to always seeing Mommy laying on the couch. She's certainly not used to seeing Mommy asleep on the couch every morning. I'm sure she's doing fine processing it all. . .but I'd love to be able to explain it all to her.

To my dear friends in Canada. . .you know who you are. . .Happy Canada Day! And, to my dear, sweet, wonderful, funny, irreverent friend Melany. . . Happy Birthday, girl! I'd do anything to celebrate with you today. I'd love to go to that pancake breakfast with you, and to play BINGO, and to your parents' for a cookout.

. . .maybe next year.
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hang in there my friend...you are surrounded by love and slowly but surely you will be wrapping your arms around that little Princess of yours!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Hey Girl!
Sorry to hear it took seven hours of hard labour but I'm glad things finally worked themselves out!

Thanks so much for the wonderful birthday greetings...it was so great to talk to you (as I was driving along!)

Keep on takin' it easy so you'll be all better soon!

Love Melly :)

P.S. I am certain Caroline knows exactly what's going on. She'll wait for you then she'll love it when you can maul her with all your strength again!

12:19 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hi its me... pitiful and miserable me... do yoeu have the laptop yet? *sniff sniff*
I am pathetic and shameless but could use a friend if you are up for it...

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home