This is My "Real" Blog: Thanks, Melany!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thanks, Melany!

Yesterday, my buddy Melany joked about Canada sharing some of their rain with us. We laughed, but the skies were blue and the day was hot and hazy.

But today was a totally different story. IT RAINED. Long, slow, soaking rain.

And it felt good.

Whether I need to thank Canada, or the jet stream I don't know. But, I am one thankful southerner, who really needed for the skies to open up.

We need more, but for today, I am grateful beyond words.

In other (drier) news. . .

Alice is not going quietly into that dark night. I had to "adjust" myself three times today. I have decided that she might just be trying to remind me that she exists. . . lest I forget. Yeah, like that could happen.

I'm at under a week. It seems bizarre to imagine that, a week from today, I'll be home, recuperating. But, it's true. As much as I dread the idea of surgery, I am running headlong into the arms of relief.

When I went to the hospital yesterday for my pre-op testing, I believe my blood pressure had dropped pretty drastically from my visit to the doctor back in May. I don't know if it is the Omega-3 I've been taking, or if it's just the better eating.

I don't care. I've gone from 160/92 to 133/72. This is good, my friends. Very, very good.

Music Camp is going well. The kids are pretty well-mannered. They were whiny this morning, but I think they were tired. By the end of the day, they were more agreeable, and quite cooperative. This is quite the undertaking, but it's always worth it in the long run.

So, that's about it. Caroline went back to school today. Her summer school (er, extended school year) runs through the middle of July. She was excited to get back on the bus. She ate breakfast and lunch at school. This is bizarro world. . .my little girl is growing up so much.

Have a lovely Wednesday. Keep praying for rain...but not on Thursday--we're taking the camp kids swimming, and we can't swim in the rain!

Toodles!!
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Good luck with Alice. I'll be happy to never meet her.

About her visits - the night before my gall bladder surgery, I decided to eat some of what I shouldn't have. The gall bladder wouldn't have the gall to attack me then, at surgery minus twelve hours, would it? You bet it would!

Don't let Alice get you down. She's on the bus outa town - she just doesn't realize it yet.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Glad you were rained on - refreshing.

Glad your blood pressure has dropped - that is AWESOME! Give Alice the boot, it won't be long - hooray!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go on the bp! You should be so proud of yourself!!!! So glad Alice's days are in the single digits too. You're going to feel so much better - and soon. And a final comment -- it's hard that our kids grow up so FAST! Has Edison's voice changed yet? My three younger boys are all counting each other's armpit hairs -- I think they're stealing them from the dog! UGH! Have a lovely day, and my it rain today and Friday.

11:21 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I was glad that it STOPPED raining long enough for me to hike the 1/2 mile to my car and then immediately started again.

Jesus loves me. This I know.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Can't believe I didn't read this yesterday...it didn't pop up in my blog reader...and there I am - in the title!

Seems as though we kept a little of the rain...it was sunny today here but still cool and windy. So glad the rain finally headed your way.

Sorry to hear about Alice rearing her ugly head; she wants you to hurt now so you feel relief instantly next week. And bravo with the healthier blood pressure - that's a great drop!

And hard to believe that tiny little girl goes on the school bus! Yikes! Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth last night - I literally tipped over on the couch and fell asleep in an instant.

Soon?

Melly :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Great news about the BP! All the very best my friend. I cannot imagine putting my little girl on a bus to school....scary! Growing up way to fast. Have fun camping.

11:14 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

reminds me of a funny story Tony saw on some Canadian comedy channel..they were spoofing scrapbookers... "Why live life when you can document it?"

7:39 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

I'd like to name all my ailments but I hate being in crowds...


rain?.... good
BP down?....good

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home