This is My "Real" Blog: If God Appreciates Irony. . .


Angie's Blog!

Friday, June 01, 2007

If God Appreciates Irony. . .

. . .He'd allow the sky to open up and soak my yard.

We.need.rain.

According to our cute little weatherman on Channel 10 - the morning guy - we are nearly 10 inches behind for the year. This is not good. In fact, it's bad. Did I mention that he's cute?

So, while my parents are away, Edison has been asked (bribed) to water their porch plants, Dad's garden, and the landscaping. Let's just say that if it weren't for Edison's father, we'd have some seriously dead plants on our hands. (It's a link to Mark's blog. He really is Edison's father)

Mark bailing Edison out kind of reminds me of a gerbil or two that Lori and I had as pets, but I digress.....

As we trekked out to the farm -- yes, my parents do live on a farm. Really cool view of the French Broad River. Quiet. Serene. Beautiful. Again, I digress....as we made our way out to the farm, I tried to explain to Edison the old wives' tale that if you wash your car, or water your lawn, it will rain.

Edison gave Mom & Dad's plants a good soaking. At least I hope he did. I had to keep Caroline from playing IN the dog's water bowl (eek) and from licking the front door mat. I don't know. Don't ask.

After we got home, I realized that our precious plants here need a good soaking, too.

Question: How do you irritate a hot, sweaty pre-teen who emits attitude just by being?
Answer: Make him do the same thing at home for free that he's being paid to do by others.

Make a note.
You'll thank me later.

He and I worked together (Caroline is napping) watering the plants and bushes around the front and back of the house. The ones in the back are getting lots of shade. They appear to be doing fine. The ones up front get all the sun. While he fought (literally) with the garden hose, I soaked the life out of the plants in the front. There are some begonias that just might bloom in spite of me. My lily that I was so proud of last week has produced a few more big blooms. But in the heat, they're withering away. And, I believe that we may have some lily of the valley. . .which is my favorite flower of all time. They're scorched and withered away. But, they're perennials, so we'll see what happens next year.

We've been inside for an hour now. Still no rain. I really thought that God would dump on us. He'll probably wait until tonight. I'm going to a friend's house for a scrapbooking crop. You know. . . acid-free paper, pictures, stickers. . .things that shouldn't get wet. It is bound to rain at that point. Because, God really does have an appreciation for irony.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

"Those are azaleas"

ask Mark...

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

The Man With Two Brains. Steve Martin to Kathleen Turner when he brings her home from the hospital.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Love to see what I have to look forward to with Drew and Owen :)

Can't wait to see what happened at the crop!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

I just love flowers and gardening...

2:37 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

You can have our rain...the forest fire hazard has decreased enough that you can borrow it enough to soak your yard...

Hope you had fun paper scrapping...

3:26 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Has Mellykat been busy upgrading your header - LURVE IT!!!!!!!!! Love reading about Edison...I think it has already started and Hughie is only 6! I have worked out though, he needs a bit of time to unwind after school and then bounces back to his cheery self. They still lurk underneath that surely exterior - don't they Angie?

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this new header...so bright so springy... good work to I assume melany... and the bit about forced labor ... yes I can attest from personal knowledge that is true

7:01 AM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Sigh all this redecorating. I guess I need to redecorate my blog too. By the way I went to Marks blog and what do I find a list of FOOD! Shame on him. LOL! By the way you can tell him Phil is related to Arky Vaughn. He might get a hoot from that. LOL! Any way I'm sure it will rain sometime soon. It rained here last night and may again during Francis' ball game.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home