This is My "Real" Blog: Timing. . . God's and mine


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Timing. . . God's and mine

. . . .don't usually match up.

I wanted my kids 3-4 years apart. Kevin Leman, Christian counselor and humorist says that 3.5 years between kids is the ideal age gap. God didn't see it that way for our family.

We're talking 9 years between 'em. Talk about timing being off.

I was angry.
I was depressed.
I became bitter.

Then she arrived. . . right on time.

Edison was uniquely designed and created for Caroline. He has so much love and compassion for his little sister. Mind you, they do argue -- usually her scratching his face -- but not out of anger. (He's usually holding her too tight. . .or too long. . .or too much!) 99% of the time, they get along famously. She's his number one fan!

So, God timed that one perfectly, after all.

In 1 hour and 42 minutes, we will close on the new house. Have I mentioned how much I love my new house? Mark and I are scared about carrying two mortgages. We are worried about added expenses. But, God has led us into this new house. I specifically asked God to please let us know if this was not His will. So far, all has proceeded nicely - except for selling the old house.

30 minutes ago, Mark called to tell me that the realtors are going to show the old house in 42 minutes -- one hour before we close on the new house.

God's timing.
God's sense of humor.

Here's a situation where His divine timing might just be one hour ahead of my timing. Wouldn't that be one for the books?

Pray.Pray.Pray.

[Pictures of the new house are coming. I promise!]
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

So if they buy the house...it's "Good Timing AND God Timing" !!!

I'm still wondering what kind of timing it will be for me to win that lotto jackpot. Then you wouldn't have to worry about two mortgages!

Big squeezy hugs,

Melly :)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Did I mention that I am so happy that you are so happy about your new house? It's great! And I know exactly what you mean about Edison and Princess....I have a three and a half year gap....I love it...they love it......we are lucky gals!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

hmmm....I spent the first 10 years of my life in fear of my brother (tried to kill me twice) now he's a preacher? Forgive? I don't think so...

Caroline is a fortunate girl...

7:28 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh honey, I hope the house sells! TODAY!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home