This is My "Real" Blog: First Day of School. . .whatever.


Angie's Blog!

Monday, April 30, 2007

First Day of School. . .whatever.

Caroline's first day of preschool went without a hitch - but not without a few tears. . . mine. I thought I'd let her tell you about her first day.



"Here I am trying to go out the door to go to school. Check out my brand new outfit - Mommy has good taste!"



"When it was finally time to leave, Mommy still insisted on taking pictures of Daddy and me. She also said something about how clean the house looks since they've packed everything to move. Whatever."



"Daddy walked me into my new school. Note my ultra-suave new Dora the Explorer backpack. Mommy said something about catching our shadows on the parking lot. Whatever."

"This is my new classroom. The little girl at the table with me is Courtney. We colored together until Mommy and Daddy left. I didn't tell them what else I did today. They'll have to wait for the teacher's report."



"I got to ride home on a really cool school bus. Mommy was waiting in the church parking lot for me. Melissa, Christine, Tim, and Nana & Papa were there, too. Mommy was crying. Whatever."



"I got to climb down the stairs by myself, almost. Mommy was still crying. Again, whatever."



"It took a few minutes for Mommy to actually put me down, once I got off the bus. She kept saying something about me being all grown up. And she kept kissing me. Whatever."

Back to Mommy writing: From the mouths of babes, I tell ya. . . . Thanks for praying for us on this first day!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

precious precious girl... takes ones breath away

10:38 PM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Congratulations on that first day Caroline!
And Angie stop crying before you make all your blog readers cry too.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too late, Vicky. I'm weeping. Her on the bus...oh my gosh. I'm totally there with ya, Angie. Looks like she did a wonderful job. And she looked so grown up!!!
::weep::

11:23 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Oh my gosh...I don't know whether to laugh or cry....whatever! Very cool outfit for first day...love the backpack...Mum and her scrapping - shadows - duh!....great photos. Thanks so much for sharing!

4:33 AM  
Blogger *Heather said...

Love your whatever's Angie! Oh how I remember that day just like it was yesterday! Great pictures too! ;)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I thought I commented on this one...must be because I was "right there" when you typed it!

Wow that seems like a long time ago.

Miss you tons!

Love Melly :)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home