This is My "Real" Blog: Bass Eh Bo & Bob Dylan


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bass Eh Bo & Bob Dylan

Just a minute ago, while I got ready to blog, I heard my daughter say one of her first 3-syllable words. She says her name (3-syllables) and Edison's name (again, 3 syllables). But, this was a first.

The word? Basketball (bass-eh-bo) Music to my ears!

I'm sure Bob Dylan pronounced "basketball" the same way. He still may, I'm not sure. But, as he also said, "Well, the times. . .they are a-changin'. . ." That statement has never been more true around our house.

We are moving!

I have always had my eye on a house in the next subdivision over from us. It's at the end of a cul-de-sac. It's bigger. It's the same age. It belongs to a sweet lady from our church, who is in her 90s.

In a couple weeks, she will be moving to an assisted-living facility, and is selling her house. . . . to us!

We are thrilled. . .scared. . .overwhelmed. . .stressed. . .excited. . .and frustrated.

Frustrated, you say? Yes, frustrated. Eleven years' worth of stuff has accumulated in my home. In corners. . . nooks. . . crannies. . . cabinets. . . closets. . . attics. . . it's everywhere. And, now it's my job to go through it all, and decide its fate.

I remind myself that on my favorite show, "Clean House," they do all that purging in about 2 days. That's about the amount of time I have. We are hoping to take posession of the new house on May 15. That's a month from today.

So, rather than blather. . . I'll purge and pack.

Oh, and listen to my sweet daughter talk about sports and Bob Dylan!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Wow, Wow and more Wow.

To all of it! That little girl a-growin' up and y'all a-movin'!

I cannot wait to talk to you and I sooooooo wish I could be there to be the "Clean House" people. I'm so good at organizing other people's stuff, just not my own.

Big hugs and prayers for a smooth move!

Love Melly :)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

You should write a column or something Angie...I would read it...oh! I do and daily! It's great! Congrats on the house moving....a hard task - especially after 11 years for sure - but look at the reward! Isn't it great to hear so much more come from our babies mouths!! So exciting...I am with you 100%

4:48 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

"It's the same age." As you? The house must be 39, then!

What was that other show on television . . . This Old House. I'm sure it's no reflection on you. Of course it's not!

Anyway, serious congrats to you and all of yours.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as someone who jsut finished moving, I honestly wish I could appear there and help... eeeeks... but it is an excellent opportunity to blog in a fascinating way to briing humor and delight all of your readers, and to get rid of STUFF

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting... both Carolyn's progress and the big move! I may be in your same position soon.. we looked at a house just the other day and are going to bid on it! It's out in the country with 47 acres!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home