This is My "Real" Blog: We Won! We Won! We Won!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

We Won! We Won! We Won!

. . .yeah, like I had anything to do with it!

Earlier this evening, the University of Tennessee's Lady Vols won their seventh national championship in a game against Rutgers. Awesome game. Well. . . what I saw of it was really good. Sigh. I love my job.

Tuesday night is Praise Band and Choir Practice night. Starts at 6:30 pm., and ends (usually) around 8:30. Tonight, however, was different. Tonight my artsty-fartsy friend Ruth and I had to decorate our worship center (church sanctuary) for our Holy Week Wednesday night service. What I thought would take an hour, took two and a half.

But it is so worth it. Absolutely beautiful. I still have to buy some "stuff" tomorrow, but it will be all worth it.

I promised (and kept my word) to have my choir/orchestra members out by 8 p.m., in order to see the National Championship game. (Did I mention that we won!?) I had most of the out the door by 7:45. I waited for Ruth, and we got our stuff done. But, I didn't get home until 10:30.

Oh, did I mention that I didn't eat supper? After talking to one of my co-workers (for two hours) that we invited over to watch the game - I ate supper. That's right. I got to taste the really yummy pork fried rice that I made for dinner at 5:45 p.m. at 12:30 a.m. It was still good.

So, I'm going to bed. I'm tired. Watching that game really wore me out. But it was so worth it. We are the National Champions. Congratulations, Candace Parker and Pat Summitt, and all the players and fans. Great season. Great year. Great job.

I loved that game. That minute and 45 seconds of game time that I watched was monumental Oh, did I mention that we won?
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

You are such a dag Angie...and if you don't know what that is ... here is a link...

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

3:39 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Well it's no bloody wonder why I didn't see you last night!

Sounds like the church is just right - way to go.

Congrats on your championship too, coach! (puppy)

Melany :)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... a whole minute and 45 seconds, huh? :)
Congrats on the win!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home