This is My "Real" Blog: Baby Beatles and Guava-Flavored Sorbet


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Baby Beatles and Guava-Flavored Sorbet

Edited: Sorry for the delay/teaser! I've been meaning to blog about these two things, and I figured if I didn't leave myself a little reminder, I'd forget all about it!

Baby Beatles. . .
For the last week or so, we have been letting Caroline listen to music as she goes off to sleep. It has been, for the most part, a successful venture. The music of choice? "Baby Beatles" It is the most precious CD. "Strawberry Fields" and "Here Comes the Sun" How can I express how sweet this is?! I have no words. Just take it from me. It's precious.

Guava Sorbet? Maybe a little papaya?
I'm (way) too excited about my new job as a Creative Team member for Christy Sturm (Butternug Squash Designs). She has inspired me, and trusted me to help promote her beautiful digital scrapbooking business. I was able to complete my first official "CT" layout. I chose to do a 2-page layout about my kitchen.

Her latest kit is called "Tropical Sorbet." Guava, papaya, mango. Really fun, delicious colors. Made scrapping this assignment lots of fun.

What did I do? Well, to be honest, I just re-arranged the appliances in my kitchen. No, not the big ones. The small ones (microwave and mixer). The overall countertop layout makes for a cleaner, more streamlined work surface. I love it.

So, here's my 2-page "Tropical Sorbet" layout about my kitchen featuring a "Guava Alpha" from my buddy, Christy. I really enjoyed this layout, and look forward to many more.



I also purchased a kit from Laura Pitman, who is a designer over at Elemental Scraps (a new site where I post my layouts). Her kit, "Comfortable Country" really suits my taste. I love the rich country colors, and the stitching just makes me shiver. I love adding stitching to digi-layouts.


My final layout to post is the compilation of a few free kits I downloaded and an old picture of Caroline that I'd never scrapped before. I cannot believe that this little girl will be three in just a few weeks. Where does the time go?


Have a great rest of the week. We're at T-minus 2 days until the wedding. My friend Stephanie braided her hair the other day, in order to accommodate the tiara. Yes, I said a tiara. Here's a preview of Saturday's princess!

"Here comes the sun. . . doot doo doo doo. . .here comes the sun, and I say it's allright!"

Oh, one last thing. . . today (3/21) is World Down Syndrome Day. It's an easy thing to remember. . "3" of the "21st" chromosome! As my friend and "employer" Christy says, it's a celebration of something "extra" that our kids bring to the table. A little extra kindness. . . a little more time . . .and a lot more love. Happy World Down Syndrome Day on behalf of Caroline and Henry!
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I am intrigued!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I gotta get me one of them electronic memory thingies . . .

10:33 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Can't wait for the blog! Sounds fascinating....

11:17 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I love so many things about this post. I love that we share all the scrapping stuff. I love being on the team with you.

I love your pages. I love that stitching gives you "shivers".

And most of all, I loooooooove that tiara! Now I'm pretty sure the benadryl has kicked in...I'm outta here!

Good night!

Melly :)

P.S. Beatles lyrics:

Now it's time to say good night
Good night, sleep tight
Now the sun turns out his light
Good night, sleep tight
Dream sweet dreams for me (Dream sweet)
Dream sweet dreams for you

Close your eyes and I'll close mine
Good night, sleep tight
Now the moon begins to shine
Good night, sleep tight
Dream sweet dreams for me (Dream sweet)
Dream sweet dreams for you

Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmmmmmm

Close your eyes and I'll close mine
Good night, sleep tight
Now the sun turns out his light
Good night, sleep tight
Dream sweet dreams for me (Dream sweet)
Dream sweet dreams for you

Good night, good night, everybody
Everybody everywhere
Good night

12:52 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

oh my gosh...what a princess....cannot wait to see the LO of that! YEY! Katie will be green! All your Los are gorgeous but I really really love the kitchen one...the colours and its so different. Hughie goes to sleep with music every night...I know it's only a matter of time until Katie catches on....glad to see Princess Caroline is enjoying it...and Mum too by the sounds of it. Happy weekend my friend!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This post made me so happy in so many ways. Caroline is simply the preciousest thing ever in the whole world. Your TS LO is amazing & that's why I chose it to feature in the store. And what you said at the end just made me smile so big.
Thanks for being my friend!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you tickle me... angie i have this dream, fantsay that you and me will meet, and you will meet jenni and she will meet caroline, and jenni will let caroline know that all can have the mind of Christ, and that He will be her protector, that Caroline rests in the curve of his wing... I will tell you this whole story when not so tired,

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home