This is My "Real" Blog: As you Wish. . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

As you Wish. . .

I guess my seven-day hiatus left a few people in the dark (including my in-laws). Sorry. . . it's been a week!

On Wednesday of last week, I was called to pick up Caroline early from daycare. She was running a low-grade fever. Nothing serious.

When I went to pick up Edison a few hours later, I experienced a stomach cramp like I've never experienced. . . except for that time when I had that kidney stone. . .

Yep, you guessed it! I wound up back in the ER having x-rays and CAT scans done to see if I had a stone. I do. However, according to the doctor, that was not the source of my problem. It was a virus.

It was not a virus. I have a kidney stone.

I also learned that I have a sizeable hernia. I didn't know I had a hernia. I didn't know that they came in multiple sizes. According to the doctor, the larger ones are better. Who knew?

So, the prognosis and procedure for the future is yet to be determined. Be assured, I'll keep you updated through the blog.

After a very restful Thursday, I was back in business on Friday. We went to an event at our local Barnes & Noble for the Down syndrome group. The CEO of Barnes & Noble has a daughter with Down syndrome. They are doing a nationwide push to encourage support groups for Ds families. It was a great evening. Three of our kids read books. Talk about seeing great things in Caroline's future. I really did.

So, there it is. A nutshell of my nutty life. We're all fine. I am in no pain. I figure the next time I experience kidney stone pain, I'll take a pain killer and anti-nausea medicine here at home, and will save $500. Sound like a plan?

Here are a few layouts I worked on tonight. I had hoped to chat with the girls over at Butternug Squash Design again tonight. (We had a blast last night) But, everyone must be recovering from the festivities last night! So, while I looked for them, I scrapped a few pics of the kids. Thanks for looking! Have a great week!

Edison and his braces:






Caroline in the hospital. . . not what you traditionally scrap, but the picture was too cute!


Edited: Both kits are from Christy Sturm (Butternug Squash Design). Edison's layout is her "True Blue Buddy" kit with her cardboard alpha. Caroline's layout is using her "Fruity Garden" kit.
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! here first! and delighted to see you back, see you had been to visit me...and what total dolls you have... i still look at melinda's mouth 7 years later and say, wow there is a lot of worthwhile money in there!!! talk to you later

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you back... I sure hope the kidney stone behaves itself and you stay pain-free! Great pages!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Hello and yey! you're back!!!! Hip hip hooray! Hope all goes well. Just LOVE your new LOs - great title for Edison's and Caroline's is just gorgeous. What did you use? Take care Angie!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie,
Just wanted to let you know I am reading.
Faye from Faye & Bob

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home