This is My "Real" Blog: Why is it. . . ?


Angie's Blog!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Why is it. . . ?

. . .when I need Caroline to take a long nap, she opts for five minutes. But today, when I could have settled for an average length nap (1 hour and some change) she has been asleep for two hours!!

I'm half tempted to go wake her up--but a wise person told me when Edison first came home from the hospital that I'd basically be INSANE to wake a sleeping baby--especially to make them eat. Don't worry. I'm leaving her alone. She was rubbing her eyes all the way through her PB&J sandwich at lunch, so there's no way I'm getting her up needlessly. The frustrating part is that Edison is at the school's after-care program (which he loves) but they charge us something like $5/hour. Sigh.

. . .when I set out to go to Wal-Mart, and purchase the essentials (diapers, toilet paper, moisturizer, and hair "thingies" for Caroline) that I remember everything but the hair "thingies," and still manage to spend over $125.

. . .that the washer seems to take longer when I'm actually at home -- waiting for the first load to be done. I was starting to think that it was going into overdrive about a half hour ago. As it turned out, all was well. I was just so productive during that 28 minutes, it seemed like an hour. Yeah, right.

. . .that just now, as I sit down, Caroline wakes up from her marathon nap. That's right--the house is quiet, dishes are done, and laundry is running. I even got half my bathroom cleaned. Just as I sit to write my blog entry about strange coincidences and funny quirks in my life, it's time to stop and go get Edison.

Can anyone explain that to me?!
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Amen on the nap stuff, sistuh!

I need about five things from Wal-Mart but I do NOT want to spend a hundred bucks. So I'm staying the heck away from there. lol

As for the washer, you might as well watch paint dry or water boil...same stuff. My dishwasher does the same thing too.

And now that everyone is out of my face and my favourite show is over, I'm just too tired and sore to stay up and scrap. Oy.

Missed you this weekend. Hope it was a gooder!

Love Melly :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

When you find the answer just make sure to email it to me okay!!!! Take care Angie :)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home